Vehicle Construction

Ask your True20 rules questions here, or answer questions from other True20 fans. And don't be surprised if you get official answers as well!
Anachronist

Vehicle Construction

Post by Anachronist » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:41 am

I tried to find a helpful thread, but my Fu is weak. So i'm starting a new thread. This is my first post in this forums as well. So, hi guys :)

I wanted to construct a huge hover vehicle for a cyberpunk setting. While the weapon and armor construction rules give you very low amounts of construction points to design stuff, the vehicle construction rules give you 70 points for a suv sized vehicle? I can buy every single feature several times and still have enough points to give the vehicle 30 toughness.

Can you tell me, where I make the mistake?

markwalt

Re: Vehicle Construction

Post by markwalt » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:13 am

I'm curious to know if you ever got this question answered or figured out.

Anachronist

Post by Anachronist » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:31 am

Noone knows an answer?

Arakor

Post by Arakor » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:16 am

Anachronist wrote:Noone knows an answer?
I think that the mistake in your thinking is that you're treating the CPC as the number of points granted.
It isn't, the key word in Construction Point Capacity is Capacity. In other words, 70 points for a TR6 SUV (Size Huge) is the maximum number of points that can be spent, not how many you actually have to spend.

As a Narrator, I would build several designs of SUV to represent base models but if my players wanted to build their own, I'd insist on them telling me what resources they're going to commit to it. So they can spend Wealth to obtain materials for CP, they can use Knowledge or Craft skills to generate CP, etc.

Anachronist

Post by Anachronist » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:39 am

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for me replying so late. While you might be right with your interpretation In still don't understand, why it differs so much from the other self-building equipment, in which the construction points are extremely limited.