Can cures be widened?

Ask your True20 rules questions here, or answer questions from other True20 fans. And don't be surprised if you get official answers as well!
Rimlar

Can cures be widened?

Post by Rimlar » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 am

It appears that Cure is touch (widen around the touched creature?). No mention of touch in the other powers starting with Cure, so I assume they are line of sight (and widenable?)

Rimlar

markwalt

Re: Can cures be widened?

Post by markwalt » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:45 am

I think there are two ways to figure this: The literal way, and the reasoned way.

The Literal Way would read the descriptions of the powers absolutely literally, and in so doing, would come up with this:

You could Widen the Cure power, to a radius of up to twice your Adept level, but you still need to meet the requirements. Since Cure requires a physical touch, then you would need to touch all the recipients of your Cure. Since you only have two hands, that means a Widened Cure is really not that useful, as you'd only be able to cure two people simultaneously, unless you could touch them with your feet, I suppose.

As for the other Cure powers, they don't specify that a touch is required, so, reading it literally, you could widen them like any other power.

Okay, that's fine, if you're a rules lawyer. A reasoned approach might go like this:

You can simply widen any cure like any other power. A widened cure doesn't require a touch.

Also, any non-widened cure ought to require a touch, whether the rules mentions it or not.

Personally, I would go with the reasoned approach.