True20 Adventure Roleplaying

True fun, true excitement, true adventure: True20!

Innate Power

Ask your True20 rules questions here, or answer questions from other True20 fans. And don't be surprised if you get official answers as well!

Innate Power

Postby seejay1981 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 pm

I have a question about Innate Power. It states that it takes a standard action to use the spell that is innate. I am trying to cast Phase, which is normally a move action, innately. Does this cost a standard action instead of a move action? What about when I cast Suggestion innately, which is a full round action. Does it then cost a standard action to cast? The wording in innate power seems a little strange and I haven't found clarification anywhere for this.
seejay1981

Re: Innate Power

Postby ArcLocke » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:02 pm

I'm no expert, but it looks to me like any supernatural power you make innate with this feat takes a standard action to use with this feat, even if the regular power has a different action requirement. In essence, you're giving your character a new spell-like ability that takes a standard action to use.

Does that help?
ArcLocke

Re: Innate Power

Postby Dahak » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 pm

I think the key thing to remember is that it gives some serious perks to the power when using it innate. When used as innate the power does run at a lower level (half Adept level) and does require a standard action to use, but in exchange it cannot fatigue the user, nor is it subject to dispel powers (and a couple of other counter powers, IIRC).

Don't forget that the user can still also use the power in its non-innate form, with all the associated benefits and drawbacks. You still must have the regular version of the power to purchase the Innate Power feat for it.
Dahak

Return to True20 Rules