True20 Adventure Roleplaying

True fun, true excitement, true adventure: True20!

Unbalance Opponent

Ask your True20 rules questions here, or answer questions from other True20 fans. And don't be surprised if you get official answers as well!

Unbalance Opponent

Postby Zartajuz » Fri May 27, 2011 5:42 pm

I was looking through the Warrior's Handbook and found the Unbalance Opponent feat. It says that each round you can select one opponent and that opponent's Strength does not apply to melee attack rolls to hit you, but it still applies to damage.
Is this a typo? Dexterity applies to attack rolls, not Strength. Or am I missing something?
Zartajuz

Re: Unbalance Opponent

Postby Mach5RR » Sat May 28, 2011 2:49 am

Strange ... the pdf I have matches what you say, but my print copy does not.

Anyway, from the print version:

Unbalance Opponent (Expert or Warrior)
You are skilled at keeping an opponent off-balance. Each round, choose one opponent. If that opponent makes a melee attack against you and misses, he loses his dodge bonus for the next round. You can select a new opponent each round or continue to keep the same one off-balance.

I believe this is the latest/greatest to fit the True20 rules.
Mach5RR

Postby ValhallaGH » Sat May 28, 2011 6:12 am

Yeah, the errata-filled updates to the pdfs are ... spotty. When they come out, customers can freely update. When they come out. :|
ValhallaGH

Postby Zartajuz » Sat May 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Ah, that does make a bit more sense. Kind of like Defensive Strike, only it penalizes their defense instead of giving you an attack bonus. I did think it seemed pretty powerful to be able to rob someone of their dex bonus to attack just by looking at them! What an odd discrepency, but thanks for clearing it up!
Zartajuz

Return to True20 Rules