Current Errata for True 20?

Ask your True20 rules questions here, or answer questions from other True20 fans. And don't be surprised if you get official answers as well!
True20Chick

Post by True20Chick » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:33 pm

mutant wrote:T20 Chick- can you please ask Steve K about my phase power questions from earlier?
Thanks.
I did. When he replies, I'll post it here (unless he does first) and add his clarification to the errata doc.

Lord Lance

Post by Lord Lance » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:22 am

Ola Chick. Do you know if Steve wants to add the "so asked Parry Focus" in the revised edition?

Or/And try to equilibrate the parry / dodge system?

True20Chick

Post by True20Chick » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:00 am

No, I don't know any of his plans for the revised edition.

True20Chick

Post by True20Chick » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:21 pm

I heard back from Steve K. about some of the questions that have bee posted lately.

Shields are supposed to give an armor check penalty equal to their Dodge/Parry bonus
Steve Kenson wrote:This is correct.
Do Ordinaries who take a level in a Heroic Role suffer the same -2 penalty to the good save?
Steve Kenson wrote:No, because Ordinaries have no save bonuses to begin with.
Do circumstances that cause one to lose their dodge bonus also cause a loss of their parry bonus?
Steve Kenson wrote:Yes. It says so under Parry Bonus: "If you can’t react to an attack, you can’t use your parry bonus."
When using the Phase power, do you gain the incorporeal sub-type? Do you look like an apparition for the duration of the spell?
Steve Kenson wrote:Yes, and yes. The power’s description will be updated to match the incorporeal subtype.
If you use Aid Another on checks (page 9), you get a higher bonus the higher you roll on your check to aid. The Aid Another combat tactic (pg 97) only provides a +2 bonus. Does the rule for higher aid bonuses apply to the combat version of Aid Another as well?
Steve Kenson wrote:It does.
Are companions and followers from the Leadership feat considered to be minions?
Steve Kenson wrote:Followers are minions, but Companions (including familiars) are not.
When you spend Conviction to re-roll, are results of less than 10 simply read as 10, or do you add 10 to any roll of 10 or less. The rules on pg. 25 indicate the latter, but the description of the Second Chance feat indicates the former.
Steve Kenson wrote:It is the latter: add 10 to a re-roll of 10 or less.
If a hero’s Intelligence increases with level gain, are skill points awarded retroactively?
Steve Kenson wrote:No, they are not.
How does a power challenge work with a power that requires no power check roll?
Steve Kenson wrote:Reduce the power’s effective rank/bonus by 5.
The Drain Vitality power requires that the adept touch the target for it to work. Although it’s not explicitly stated as such, this obviously requires an attack roll. However, does the adept need to make a finesse attack to avoid the target’s armor, or is a normal successful attack enough?
Steve Kenson wrote:A normal attack is sufficient.
There are some contradictory price guidelines for barding, pg. 79 and 80. The description of Barding on pg. 80 says it costs as much as regular armor +10, but the table on pg 79 shows only a +4 and +2 increase in price for Large and Medium barding. Do the +4/+2 increases in price stack with the +10?
Steve Kenson wrote:The table is correct. The +10 is inaccurate.
The text under Helpless Defenders, Regular Attack on pg. 104 seems to disagree with the Defense Modifier table on pg. 102 and the definition of the Helpless condition on pg. 109. The pg. 104 penalties are listed as -9 to Defense vs. adjacent opponents and a -5 penalty against ranged attacks. The table on 102 has the penalties to Defense as -9 and -4 respectively. The definition on 109 says melee has a +4 bonus to hit and the defender’s Defense is only 5.
Steve Kenson wrote:Page 109 is correct. The text under Regular Attack should be updated to read:

A melee attack against a helpless character is at a +4 bonus on the attack roll (equivalent to attacking a prone target). A ranged attack gets no special bonus. A helpless character’s Defense score is 5, the same as an inanimate object.
Also, there are several vehicles on pgs. 87 and 88 which to not agree with the formula for determining vehicle Defense on pg. 86. Their Defenses are higher than the formula would normally allow. It’s apparent to me that these vehicles are intended to be more maneuverable than normal vehicles of their size, but it’s not explicitly stated as being so. Could we add a sentence to that effect in the description of Vehicle Defense on pg. 86.
Steve Kenson wrote:page 90 — Vehicles Table: Make the following corrections:
Helicopter: Defense 8
Jumbo Jet: Defense 2
Bomber: Defense 2
Space Shuttle: Defense 2
Space Cruiser: Defense 2
Space Battleship: Defense –2
Extreme cold (below –20° F) deals +2 lethal damage per minute in addition to requiring a Fortitude save every minute. Winter clothing makes the damage non-lethal and reduces the Fortitude save to every 10 minutes. In this example, if a hero is wearing winter clothing does he take the non-lethal damage every 10 minutes or every minute?
Steve Kenson wrote:Every minute.
You recently clarified that Truth-Reading needs to be activated before a given conversation. What is the action type? Free, Move, Standard, or Full-Round?
Steve Kenson wrote:Free action.

I will update these into the errata list, including the list that Tim Emrick posted a few posts back.

True20Chick

Post by True20Chick » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:08 am

True20Chick wrote:I will update these into the errata list, including the list that Tim Emrick posted a few posts back.

Done! :D

I'll post the PDF tomorrow.

Lord Lance

Post by Lord Lance » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:41 am

Cool. 8)

But remember the different color for the latest erratas included, so i can check 'em without re-read all.

True20Chick

Post by True20Chick » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:39 pm

True20Chick wrote:
True20Chick wrote:I will update these into the errata list, including the list that Tim Emrick posted a few posts back.

I'll post the PDF tomorrow.

http://members.aol.com/countrygrrlhere/True20Errata.pdf

timemrick

Post by timemrick » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:22 am

I finally got my print copy of the True20 Expert's Handbook today, but it's going to be a while before I've read enough of it to post feedback. (But don't worry, I will! :wink: )

Urbaman

Post by Urbaman » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:32 am

Well, as for the Expert Handbook, I can suggest this post of mine:

:arrow: http://true20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2216

I am reading it and I'll post any other clarification/errata I find.

Y.O.Morales

Post by Y.O.Morales » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:16 pm

In the Bestiary, why the Air Elemental's Whirlwind and the Water Elemental's Vortex has two columns for Height?

Also, the Earth Elemental has a trait called Earth Glide in its stat block, but its description is nowhere.

Sigmund

Post by Sigmund » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:05 am

Has anyone noticed that the Title of the Foreword page in the True20 Adventure Roleplaying book is spelled Foreward instead? At least it is in the pdf, which is what I have.

True20Chick

Post by True20Chick » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:28 am

Y.O.Morales wrote:In the Bestiary, why the Air Elemental's Whirlwind and the Water Elemental's Vortex has two columns for Height?
The first column is for the Elemental's height. All Elementals have a table with this column.

The other column is for the height of the whirlwind and vortex.
Also, the Earth Elemental has a trait called Earth Glide in its stat block, but its description is nowhere.
That's basically where it gets its Burrow speed from. I'm not sure how the description got left off. I'll add it to the errata.

Earth Glide: An earth elemental can glide through stone, dirt, or almost any other sort of earth except metal as easily as a fish swims through water. Its burrowing leaves behind no tunnel or hole, nor does it create any ripple or other signs of its presence. The Earth Shaping power used on an area containing a burrowing earth elemental flings the elemental back 30 feet, stunning the creature for 1 round unless it succeeds on a Difficulty 15 Fortitude save.

barsoomcore

Post by barsoomcore » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:03 am

Sigmund wrote:Has anyone noticed that the Title of the Foreword page in the True20 Adventure Roleplaying book is spelled Foreward instead? At least it is in the pdf, which is what I have.
It's a command, not a title.

And it's not telling you to GO FORWARD. It's telling you to face the front.

Also, that's awesome.

Sigmund

Post by Sigmund » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:58 pm

barsoomcore wrote:
Sigmund wrote:Has anyone noticed that the Title of the Foreword page in the True20 Adventure Roleplaying book is spelled Foreward instead? At least it is in the pdf, which is what I have.
It's a command, not a title.

And it's not telling you to GO FORWARD. It's telling you to face the front.

Also, that's awesome.
Ah...so it's deliberate then...ok.

Impurethinker

Post by Impurethinker » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:21 am

Core Book pg 45 Endurance Feat Clarification
The feat in the book gives a +4 Con check bonus or Fort save bonus for everything the normal d20 Endurance feat does EXCEPT on Con check for moving all out (running)? er sorry but ....that's like the only real use for the feat?

Basically this doesn't make any sense at all and must of been an editing mistake.

On a related note:
Core Book pg 51 Tireless feat Clarification
How does this feat interact with moving all out and fatigue levels. My first assumption would be simply ignore the part on pg 90 about having to stop if you fail that check (which I've noticed puts you straight to fatigued level in the errata), well fatigued level doesn't DO anything to you if you have tireless. So I assume that the player can just chose to either slow down as normal or just keep pushing it and making Con checks (with the above mentioned Endurance feat bonus?) until you fail again and then bam you are at Exhausted level with full penalties.