Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Esoterica from Thedas Volumes 1 - 4

Inceptor

Red face Re: Esoterica from Thedas Volumes 1 - 4

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebore View Post
    The Esoterica from Thedas volumes, written by Tiger's Heart and myself.

Just updating dropbox links.

If anyone notices any spelling mistakes or errors feel free to let me know. It's not hard to update.

Volume 1
    Volume 2
    Volume 3
    Volume 4

Hellebore
    Hi, im spanish and my english isnt good, so sorry for my mistakes.
    I began to play dragon age rpg 3 months ago more or less.
    I played like DM Arls Ramson, Dalish Curse and actually A Bann Too Many. I read Esoterica from Thedas and i thing there are a big mistake in Volumen 4, page 129.
    The mistake is referent to Gear paragraph Buildings. In Arls Ramson said that :

-Make sure the players understand the magnitude of wealth Alenka
    is talking about: one gold sovereign is worth 100 silver coins,
    and 50 sovereigns would be enough to buy three dozen good
    riding horses or a Denerim townhouse outright.

So 4 gold sovereign is too few for a house , maybe in Denerim is much expensive than other cities or towns in Ferelden, but i think in less important citties a townhouse value will be a 40 / 30 gold sovereign.

keep in mind that a Large chest value is 5 gold sovereign.

I dont want sound rude , only want to know your and community opinion.
    You did a great input to draogn age community with Esoterica . Great Work , Thank you and respects.

PD: I though much in all about house values because my players accept Alenkas proposition, and then with the money they bought a house in Vintiver.

Re: Esoterica from Thedas Volumes 1 - 4

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Hi, im spanish and my english isnt good, so sorry for my mistakes.
    I began to play dragon age rpg 3 months ago more or less.
    I played like DM Arls Ramson, Dalish Curse and actually A Bann Too Many. I read Esoterica from Thedas and i thing there are a big mistake in Volumen 4, page 129.
    The mistake is referent to Gear paragraph Buildings. In Arls Ramson said that :

-Make sure the players understand the magnitude of wealth Alenka
    is talking about: one gold sovereign is worth 100 silver coins,
    and 50 sovereigns would be enough to buy three dozen good
    riding horses or a Denerim townhouse outright.

So 4 gold sovereign is too few for a house , maybe in Denerim is much expensive than other cities or towns in Ferelden, but i think in less important citties a townhouse value will be a 40 / 30 gold sovereign.

keep in mind that a Large chest value is 5 gold sovereign.

I dont want sound rude , only want to know your and community opinion.
    You did a great input to draogn age community with Esoterica . Great Work , Thank you and respects.

PD: I though much in all about house values because my players accept Alenkas proposition, and then with the money they bought a house in Vintiver.
    I think you misunderstood this. The value of the large chest is a long overdue mistake no one bothered to correct.

And another thing, the value of anything can be modified by the GM. The Esotherica is a FAN MADE work that was written when the game had only set 1 published (rules for levels 1-5) and it's closer to the values of things in the computer game. The RPG came out LATER, and it follows different rules.

In other words, don't worry too much and keep doing what's best for your game In my own game, a house in Vintiver would go for 5-10 sovereigns at best... but hey, each GM has its own world