Thread: How would you Build this Character (Create/Battlesuit)

UN Basic Recipient

How would you Build this Character (Create/Battlesuit)

I had an idea for a character that was Ungodly crippled [Arms end at elbows/legs end at knees] building body parts/Armor from surrounding metal.
    So he would use surrounding metal to make limbs/Armor. As well as could create tech as long as he understood the mechanics to that tech.

I was thinking a Variable create power limited to making suits & simple tech. Would that work?

Based off of Trainwreck from 'Worm'
    Last edited by Kannabones; 02-12-2019 at 12:56 PM.

OPA Belta

Re: How would you Build this Character (Create/Battlesuit)

Quote Originally Posted by Kannabones View Post
    I had an idea for a character that was Ungodly crippled [Arms end at elbows/legs end at knees] building body parts/Armor from surrounding metal.
    So he would use surrounding metal to make limbs/Armor. As well as could create tech as long as he understood the mechanics to that tech.

I was thinking a Variable create power limited to making suits & simple tech. Would that work?

Based off of Trainwreck from 'Worm'
    My first thought is to give the character *very* low Dexterity and Agility (like -5 low) and very low Strength as well (probably around -3 or -4). But the character might normally use their powers to generate limbs (Enhanced Abilities) which, as Sustained abilities, could be enhanced or Nullified.

In addition, Variable Power Suits and/or Variable Equipment. You would want to build a "base" power suit just to keep things from getting too confusing.

For the requirement to understand the tech... I don't think Check Required works well with Variable, but perhaps that could be a Quirk (must make a check when working with really exotic technology, such as something alien).

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    My first thought is to give the character *very* low Dexterity and Agility (like -5 low) and very low Strength as well (probably around -3 or -4). But the character might normally use their powers to generate limbs (Enhanced Abilities) which, as Sustained abilities, could be enhanced or Nullified.

In addition, Variable Power Suits and/or Variable Equipment. You would want to build a "base" power suit just to keep things from getting too confusing.

For the requirement to understand the tech... I don't think Check Required works well with Variable, but perhaps that could be a Quirk (must make a check when working with really exotic technology, such as something alien).
    Thank you, this was essentially what I came up with , I was thinking starting it as pl 8 for now.

Personally, I would go the method suggested for the non-powered form, and then use a Summon effect. If you want to be able to create different suits, create Alt Powers of the Summon.

Summon,
    . Extras: Heroic, Controlled,
    . Flaws: Limited to Available Material, Feedback
    . Quirk Summoner Merges with Summoned Being

2 points for rank 1, 3 points per additional rank

That way, you could have an electricity based form "Power Grid" if your character absorbed parts from a city transformer or the like, a melee brawler using parts from a bulldozer.

Using the summon, you could also have forms of varying size... from an astromech to a semi-truck for instance...

This way, when you build the suits, you could have the check required easily enough on his powers. And not all of the different forms would require the check. If the guy is a hacker and forms a computer body, he might not need check required on powers related to hacking, but absorbing a star ship check required on the navigation or propulsion powers might...
    Last edited by Bladewind; 02-14-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

OPA Belta

Why would it be variable? Ultimately the battle suit contains speed/flight, ability boosts, protection, and weaponry. Just make a dynamic wide array with some combination of those in it. But a flaw (or complication) on it that how powerful each slot is depends on the type of metal around.

Variable means a lot of tinkering at the table. Dynamic wide array means slightly less tinkering.