Thread: Nisaba Journal - not a customer-friendly decision

Protomolecule Host

Unhappy Nisaba Journal - not a customer-friendly decision

I'd like to now what this Nisaba Journal should be. It randomly collects stories from several Green Ronin Settings, and looking at Issue 1 I've to say I don't like it. I have no interest in Freeport and Mutants & Masterminds, but if I want to read the Blue Rose fiction I have to buy the whole journal with more stuff I don't need than I want to read.

Please think about this - to my mind it would be better to make several journals just collecting stories for a special setting. Maybe concentrating on a setting per month would be the best solution - for example Blue Rose in february, Freeport in March, and so on...

Re: Nisaba Journal - not a customer-friendly decision

Quote Originally Posted by Cryx View Post
    I'd like to now what this Nisaba Journal should be. It randomly collects stories from several Green Ronin Settings, and looking at Issue 1 I've to say I don't like it. I have no interest in Freeport and Mutants & Masterminds, but if I want to read the Blue Rose fiction I have to buy the whole journal with more stuff I don't need than I want to read.

Please think about this - to my mind it would be better to make several journals just collecting stories for a special setting. Maybe concentrating on a setting per month would be the best solution - for example Blue Rose in february, Freeport in March, and so on...
    Part of the problem is, is there enough of a market to create a journal with enough material for one setting?

Protomolecule Host

Last year the stories had all been published as stand-alone short fiction, no compilation at all. I bought the Blue Rose ones, but no others.

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

The plan is to begin doing single setting compilations starting next year. Nisaba is a new thing for us, and we're still building our library, so to speak.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the content in the Journals makes it into the single setting compilations. Especially if our fiction line proves itself worthwhile.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Also, Shadowtide is really, really good.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!