Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Crisis of the Secret Wars!

Re: Crisis of the Secret Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
    "Yes, I believe the sooner you depart, the better," the Monitor adds "However, there is still the matter of who amongst you should be responsible for the Tallus. While you will not need to operate it manually, whoever wields it will be responsible for ensuring that your team can safely travel between the multiverses and must, therefore, be specially protected."

The Unseen, carrying the modified Tallus in one hand, walks towards Steel. He gets to about 10 feet away from her before his chains suddenly begin to retract with great force, violently dragging him back to his original location. Once he is back in his original area, he sighs deeply and extends the Tallus outwards. "Based on what the Monitor has told me about your equipment, I think you would be the best choice for this; The Tallus should be able to merge with your armour and therefore be less cumbersome. However, the decision is yours."

“If it’s not compatible with my system, I’ll make it work” Steel says, putting her left arm out. She walks forward, pausing just a second before getting inside that 10 foot distance to the Unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by nowhereman2 View Post
    "I wouldn't want you to transform on my account. I just prefer to know when I am consorting with beasts. Especially seemingly attractive ones such as yourself. 'Sides... You shouldn't be ashamed of your physic. I am told that body image is right bloody important for your self-image."
    I would not consort with any son of Circe! How presumptuous to assume such thing, sorcerer. the nymph replied
    "I think he meant something else. "
    Perhaps he did, but it is best to let the mortal know that I despise magic.
    "But arent you like magical in all senses and meanings?"
    ... No I am not....
    心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

SPIDER-BLOKE
    HP: 1

"Spiderboy, or Spiderbloke, or whatever. Do you happen to know of my doppelganger? I'm interested in the idea of their being another man whose swagger matches mine.
    "Spider-Bloke is fine, but I think you're saying it without the hyphen, and that just... it bothers me," Spider-Bloke replied. "If there is a doppelganger of you from my Earth, I haven't met him. My webs don't exactly reach across the pond." On the subject of multiversal doubles, the wall-crawler silently wondered if Steel was a Stark. She was willing to accept the Tallus, which was alright by Peter; the golden item would totally clash with the rest of his outfit.
    Last edited by Bill from Accounting; 01-18-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    Owen uses his cosmic sense to think about moving dimensionally or temporally. He doesn't actual move. He just wants to see how feasible it is from this location. If he has issue with this, he examines the Tallus with his cosmic sense. He is also trying to find the "location" of this place using Analytical part of cosmic sense.

Cosmic Sense: Senses 4 - Acute: Cosmic Sense, Analytical: Cosmic Sense, Detect: Cosmic Sense 1, Extended: Cosmic Sense 1 (X10)
    Cosmic Sense Perception Check: 1D20+12 = [15]+12 = 27
    You detect that dimensional travel from this location is certainly feasible, but not as feasible as it should be. It's as if the pathways, for lack of a better term, between universes have started to break down and aren't fixing themselves. It would require something with an inherent connection to the multiverse. Looking at the Tallus, you can tell right away that if any object would meet those conditions, this is it. When you use your cosmic senses, there's a sort of base, fundamental multiversal energy that you have to tune out, as it is ever-present and acting as a sort of foundation on which a universe is built; The Tallus is giving off that same energy but far, far stronger than any object reasonably should. Another strange thing you note as you peer at it is that you're starting to get the feeling that it's peering right back at you.

Finally, as you attempt to determine where your current location is in regards to either of the two multiverses, you realise that your simply...not in any universe; You're quite literally nowhere at all. But it feels like there was something here before, as you detect faint but familiar remnants of cosmic energies, almost like the rubble left behind after a demolition. To you, it seems likely that you are currently occupying the multiversal 'space' left behind by a destroyed universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
    “If it’s not compatible with my system, I’ll make it work” Steel says, putting her left arm out. She walks forward, pausing just a second before getting inside that 10 foot distance to the Unseen.
    The Unseen smiles as he notices your slight pause. "Mercifully, that's not how this works. I just can't move too far from this spot."

He clamps the Tallus around your arm. It immediately begins to fuse with your armour, with the process seemingly finishing barely a minute later. It's a remarkably seemles merge, as the only element that betrays the fact that it wasn't originally part of your armour are the modifications made by the Monitor. After a few seconds of admiring the fusion, you feel what can be best described as a ping in your mind and the red gem of the Tallus begins to glow.

"Seems like the Tallus is eager to get going," the Unseen notes, turning to the rest of the group, "You should all crowd around her for this; The Tallus can take multiple people with it, but they need to be within its range."

"I should also note that the Tallus will provide Steel with detailed information about each world you visit," the Monitor adds "Not just about its current state, but also the history leading up to that state should it deem such information necessary."

OPA Belta

Owen remains quiet and is obviously thoughtful. He looks at the others to get a feel for their universal signatures in case he needs to know those signatures.

Steel

Steel puts her arms out to her sides. "Everyone join hands, it's time for our field trip" she says, a little sardonically. "We should use the buddy system too" she snorts. "It's not the worst idea in the world though."

Green Lantern Sector 1003
    Clark Kent/ Zan-El

Conditon: Normal
    HP: 1

"Agreed." Zan-El says, "Although I am not accustomed to working with other individuals with powers, save perhaps the odd Lantern."
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Evolución
    I would not consort with any son of Circe! How presumptuous to assume such thing, sorcerer. the nymph replied
    "I think he meant something else. "
    Perhaps he did, but it is best to let the mortal know that I despise magic.
    "But arent you like magical in all senses and meanings?"
    ... No I am not....
    "You tell me I am a son of Circe, but she is the goddess of enchantment and transformation. Seems like that is a bit up your alley." Constantine smiled and tipped his head towards Scylla. "'Sides, many women I have known enjoyed consorting with me."

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
    Steel

Steel puts her arms out to her sides. "Everyone join hands, it's time for our field trip" she says, a little sardonically. "We should use the buddy system too" she snorts. "It's not the worst idea in the world though."
    "I don't think this is a seance. The hand hold is probably unnecessary." Constantine walked to the right of Steel and paused for a moment. "You're being sarcastic. We might get along after all."

OOC: I actually didn't read that as sarcasm when I first started responding. While I imagine Constantine is better than me at that, I think it's funnier if he isn't.