Thread: What kind of adventures/stories/campaigns are you planning?

UN Basic Recipient

What kind of adventures/stories/campaigns are you planning?

I have been kicking a few ideas for adventures around in my head the last few weeks. I feel that Modern Age really opens up many possibilties for different kinds of stories and settings for scenarios. There are a few really cool campaign on this board as well, like Pulp Age Heroes or "Chronicles of Aethria" Shortlist of my own ideas:
    • Running a gritty western adventure about lawmen with differing priorities going after a band outlaws (also with differing priorities)
    • A modern day Ruritanian romance where a high-tech secret country (Wakanda-ish) is embroiled in political turmoil. PC's are either power players or hired guns for the fractions
    • Cheesy 90s late-night crime drama with the PC's as detectives with different social backgrounds. They investigate murders in a jet-set city where everyone is beautiful and wants to be famous.

I suppose i could even add magic to 1) and 2) above.

So what is your idea for running games with Modern Age?

UN Basic Recipient

Re: What kind of adventures/stories/campaigns are you planning?

I had considered a 70's/80's cold war espionage game kind of like the old Top Secret RPG except as the players get more involved they discover that they have been recruited to combat a special division of the Russian KGB that uses psionics and magic covertly to enhance their spies.

Re: What kind of adventures/stories/campaigns are you planning?

I'm planning on picking my homebrew, Magus Mundi, back up after the new year!