Thread: Post-DA Origins PC concepts

Post-DA Origins PC concepts

A few ideas for PC concepts occured to me from re-playing the computer games (DA Origins and Awakening) and reading the epilogues:

Bevin (Kaitlin's younger brother, encountered during 'A Missing Child' quest in Redcliffe)

“Bevin, Kaitlin's young brother, eventually grew to become a famous adventurer in his own right. One of his favorite stories to tell companions was how, as a young lad, he met the Hero of Ferelden, who used his father's blade to save Redcliffe and then passed it back.”

I'd probably grant the PC 'The Green Blade' at game start, or perhaps an early adventure could involve getting it back from someone. Given Bevin's age in Origins, he works better as a PC in Inquisition era games.

Swiftrunner's eldest child (ex-werewolf from Brecilian forest)

As for the werewolves, now freed of their curse, they remained together and took the surname Wolf in memory of what they once were. They eventually became the most successful animal trainers in Thedas, and each year would gather to light a candle in memory of the Lady who had loved them so well.

I'd start them with the 'Blooded' background from the FA companion.

Alec (Sheepherder undergoing trial at Vigil's Keep)

If the Warden spares Alec and orders him to join the army, then he will become one of the great heroes of the next age, a sheepherder-turned-soldier by the name of Ser Alec the Valiant, who eventually founded an order of knights that lasted a thousand years.

One could start a campaign including Alec during the battle of Vigil's keep itself, especially if the Warden Commander is fighting in Amaranthine.

Just some thoughts!

Re: Post-DA Origins PC concepts

Those are great ideas and pretty similar to some I've been planning :-)

Are there more characters like those, even if they're not mentioned in the post-game?

Fort example, I remember the characters from the quest Zerlinda's Woe... in one of the possible resolutions, if you rejoin Zerlinda and her family, she speaks of the Warden as a hero from tales and mentions she'll send her son to him to become a squire or something like that when he's old enough ^_^ so there we have one more.

UN Basic Recipient Artemes Durgen's Avatar

There are plenty options you could play with, depending on your own Headcanon and chosen end slides path from Origins.

For example:

Depending on the outcome of your time in Redcliffe Bella can become the owner of Lloyd's Tavern.

If you give Kaitlyn money for passage to Denerim she will open a Foundry there, and through a chance meeting with Bann Teagan Guerrin ends up marrying him.

Elder Miriam in Lothering is said to have been working to slowly rebuild the village in the end slides for Witch Hunt. But in a letter to the Hawke family in DA2 it mentions that this has been written off as a lost cause and that she has moved to Redcliffe. Both she and Ser Bryant were the prominent figures of rule in Lothering. Neither play a direct role in future games, so patching 'what happened next' into either of their stories could be interesting.

There are all sorts of shady characters in Origins who may only play small parts in the story, but could be expanded for use. Like Dwyn, the dwarf mercenary with his small band of thugs, who can be coerced into fighting to defend Redcliffe. Or Faryn, the shady opportunist who took Sten's sword from the fallen Qunari bodies by Lake Calenhad. He's a tiny point of that story, but an effective graverobber could be used effectively in a different story of a GM's devising.

There are so many minor characters you could pick. They may not have appeared in any future games, but there's no reason why you can't make use of them. Cammen the Dalish Hunter from Zathrian's clan, for example. Maybe you didn't intervene between him and Gheyna, and he's still trying to prove himself a real Hunter?

I certainly try to use the minor NPCs from earlier games here and there in my Inquisition era game - I'm sure most of the references are lost on my players, but it increases my enjoyment as a GM. There a nice payback if a player does recognise the NPC - I intend to insert Old Tegrin, the wandering Dwarven merchant, at some point soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Are there more characters like those, even if they're not mentioned in the post-game?

Fort example, I remember the characters from the quest Zerlinda's Woe... in one of the possible resolutions, if you rejoin Zerlinda and her family, she speaks of the Warden as a hero from tales and mentions she'll send her son to him to become a squire or something like that when he's old enough ^_^ so there we have one more.
    There's also the the young female city elf - the ex-orphan 'Deranged Beggar' - from the Hearing Voices quest in the alienage. After her sanity is somewhat restored she vows to head off and forge her own path in life. As an adventurer, perhaps?