Thread: Using Precise Insubstantial Attacks to remove Devices?

UN Basic Recipient

Using Precise Insubstantial Attacks to remove Devices?

So can we use this to make just our opponent devices, like a power armor for example, insubstantial? Personally my character is using his ins. attack just to pull people into wall or to floors bellow since is a new power to him, but i was thinkng that it would be a cool, and very effective, way to deal with some of the heavy armored opponents that my group is facing. thoughts?

OPA Belta

Re: Using Precise Insubstantial Attacks to remove Devices?

I'm not one of the rules developers, but that seems to be way too powerful an effect simply for the Precise Extra; while its a logical "real world' corollary of having such an ability, it's much too cheap in term of power points to justify the effectiveness. As a GM, I'd likely ask you to build it as an Affliction or Nullify and put it in an array with a collection of effects build around your primary Insubstantial power.

All my best.

Protomolecule Host

Power Profiles details using Teleportation to attack. I think this is pretty similar. It's not so easy to Teleport away someone's equipment or Device, nor should it be.

UN Basic Recipient

Thanks guys for the help, yes i talked with my GM and went with a alternative Effect using Nullify Cybernetic with Grab since would work better with withe rules of the game. Thanks again and all the best tp you all too xD