Thread: GR Post - Building a Lazarus

GR Post - Building a Lazarus

https://greenronin.com/blog/.../world-of-lazarus-more-human-than-human/

This official post explains the building a powerful "augmented" Lazarus - a human empowered by technology. I have one question though about the result, specifically the health points. Since character progression was used I should be able to follow along and end up with the same HP. However it is seemingly impossible. The Gritty health with a soldier profession should not be more that 23 (20 from the profession, 3 from starting ability, other 3 CON do nothing). How does a person get 81? Similarly for the pulpy rules I could not get HP higher than 98, let alone the 165. I did not attempt cinematic.

Could a dev (Malcolm, Crystal) show their work in how these hit points were derived? Please be sure to include what levels CON advancements are taken because that affects the end result.

Thanks in advance.
    Herding Dice - A tumblr where I put things about Adventure Game Engine design.

Line Dev Modern AGE Freebooter

Re: GR Post - Building a Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by mdlthree View Post
    https://greenronin.com/blog/.../world-of-lazarus-more-human-than-human/

This official post explains the building a powerful "augmented" Lazarus - a human empowered by technology. I have one question though about the result, specifically the health points. Since character progression was used I should be able to follow along and end up with the same HP. However it is seemingly impossible. The Gritty health with a soldier profession should not be more that 23 (20 from the profession, 3 from starting ability, other 3 CON do nothing). How does a person get 81? Similarly for the pulpy rules I could not get HP higher than 98, let alone the 165. I did not attempt cinematic.

Could a dev (Malcolm, Crystal) show their work in how these hit points were derived? Please be sure to include what levels CON advancements are taken because that affects the end result.

Thanks in advance.
    The Zmey has Lazarus specific talents (Endurance, the Muscularity facet) that aren't detailed in the article.
    Last edited by Malcolm; 12-04-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

The Zmey’s fearsome strength and resilience make Endurance and Strength the obvious choices here.
    Answer is here.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Thanks for the replies. So far I have been able to work out the Gritty health. Crystal's post refers to a "Strength" Lazarus talents when she should have written "Muscle" as it is mentioned in the rule book.

Abilities
    • 3 CON Base
    • +2 CON because Lazarus
    • +1 CON at some point between level 2 and 12
    • Total 6 CON

Others
    • Family Background +0
    • Soldier Profession +20
    • Survivor Drive +5
    • Lazarus Bonus health +15
    • Endurance Master +30
    • Muscle (Muscularity) +5
    • Total 75 Base HP

Gritty is Base plus CON for 75 + 6 for 81 - same as in the post.

Pulpy - I get 157HP at level 12 putting the sixth CON point in as early as possible at level 2.

Cinematic - using average 3.5HP I get up to 192 but am also missing 8HP from pulpy. Should then be 200 which is close-ish for mimicking d6 rolls.

Any idea where the error is for pulpy? The series of HP from level 1 to 12 is:
    80,87,94,101,108,115,122,129,136,143,150,157. Again assuming sixth con at level 2. Level 1 cinematic is 83.5 just FYI.

Thanks.

M&M Line Dev Freebooter Omega Girl's Avatar

The Zmey is still an adversary, not a PC. The increased Health for pulp and cinematic were determined using the adversary rules rather than assuming any specific rolls via leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Girl View Post
    The Zmey is still an adversary, not a PC. The increased Health for pulp and cinematic were determined using the adversary rules rather than assuming any specific rolls via leveling.
    Thanks for this tip. Adversary isn't mentioned in the article and would have had to guess. I was able to get the same HP as the article except for two differences.
    • I was able to get the Pulpy HP by using level 13, not level 12. Needed the X14 Con multiplier instead of the X10.
    • I was able to get the Cinematic HP by using level 13 AND adding the **non-human bonus on page 132 of the ModernAGE book for the +45 and not the +30 bonus. This is kind of funny because the title of the post is "More Human than Human" but uses non-human HP.

Check out my calculations on this google sheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing