Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Runner Up One Shot, Freedom City (IC) Chapter 1

OPA Belta

Re: Runner Up One Shot, Freedom City (IC) Chapter 1

As the last ghost fades away, everyone takes a second to look around. There's a bar along one wall with a mirror behind it. There is a body laying on the floor near Scarab, in the center of the room. There is a door ajar into another area of the basement.

Darkstar calls over comms that the satellite says there's another disturbance in the suburbs. He's taking Paradigm with him to check it out and they teleport away. (Farewell, Darkstar and melonLord.)

After taking a few moments to clear her head, Violet went to inspect the body, using her mystic senses to study it.
    After the Weaken ends, I'll use Eight Eyes of Ios and take a look around. Perception: 1d20+16 33
    My characters:
    Spellweaver, master mage in the Emerald League
    Dauntless, potential claimant to the legacy of Centurion
    Anna Century, physics-defying speedster
    Saavi Nayo, the Innumerable Girl

OPA Belta

The man is breathing rather shallowly. He is probably bleeding internally but there are no obvious wounds. He is wearing a dress shirt, slacks and a nice jacket, not a suit, but not casualwear. He's probably in his 50s and is wearing glasses.

From the next room, you are aware that magic WAS performed there recently. But the source is no longer there.

"Are any of us medics? This man needs help. If no one can assist I'll teleport him to a hospital." As she spoke, her fingers danced, moving into occult patterns as she began to open a path to the nearest medical facility.
    Using an action to open up a portal using Crooked Path.
    My characters:
    Spellweaver, master mage in the Emerald League
    Dauntless, potential claimant to the legacy of Centurion
    Anna Century, physics-defying speedster
    Saavi Nayo, the Innumerable Girl

OPA Belta

Starlight

"I'm sorry, sadly first aid is something I never learned. I'm going to look in the next room."

Romanoff

Romanoff clears his throat and comes out of cover, hastly making his way to the assembled heroines. "As a matter of fact I AM a doctor my dear krasotok." he claims in a professional tone, as he comes close to the soon to be dead man. He kneels and checks the mans pulse and see to his other vitals. Treatment 12
    "His transistor might be burnt, might have to replace that." he mutters, having no clue what to do.
    心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

OPA Belta

Scarab
    HP 2; Luck 1; 1 Bruise

"Stop that, you're going to hurt him!" Scarab takes over first aid. Treatment: 1d20+6 18

OPA Belta

Starlight walks into the next room. There are a series of shelves with glass doors with bars across the glass. Heavy padlocks secure the doors. One shelf's door has been destroyed and compared to the other intact shelves, several books are missing.

In the other room, the man regains conscience with Scarab's help. "No, stop," he shouts before becoming aware of his surroundings. "Did you stop him?" he asks again. "He's wants the Selnin Pilna. He can't have it." The man tries to stand but is unable to on his own.

(GM: Expertise: Magic or Expertise: Archeology or Expertise: Ancient Times to find out what that book might be.)

OPA Belta

Scarab
    HP 2; Luck 1; 1 bruise

Scarab wracks her brain trying to identify what the heck this guy is talking about.

Expertise: Magic: 1d20+6 16

OPA Belta

Starlight

Starlight sees the broken glass doors and empty shelves. Having never been much of a reader, except for gossip and fashion magazines, she had no idea what might be missing. The obvious locks and bars would indicate the missing items were valuable. Expensive collectible items she understood.

"There are some books missing from the next room. Looks like they were expensive. The locked case was broken into." she told the others when she returned to the room near the stairs.