Thread: Lazarus

Protomolecule Host

Lazarus

This is very good book. It cements my view that Modern Age is my favorite AGE system. It has Augments in two different categories minor and the more Major ones in the appendix. They can be cybernetic augments or other things. There is very good description of the families. There is also a very good amount of crunch. New talents and specializations. You have rules for organization development that look quite intriguing. So this very much seems like a setting I would run Modern AGE in. Highly recommended.

You could easily port races in from Fantasy AGE if you were wanting to do a Shadow Run thing.

My only question is when will the physical book be available for retail

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Re: Lazarus

You could easily port races in from Fantasy AGE if you were wanting to do a Shadow Run thing.
    *GASP* You don't say.

It's at the printer now, so, soon-ish.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

Protomolecule Host

I guess I can own that with my previous rants Anyhow I am set with these two books. Anything else is gravy.

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Even though it's a licensed book, we've tried to keep it useful to people who don't want to play in that world. You could very easily Shadow it up, if that's how you want to Run it.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by vdavelisa View Post
    This is very good book. It cements my view that Modern Age is my favorite AGE system. It has Augments in two different categories minor and the more Major ones in the appendix. They can be cybernetic augments or other things. There is very good description of the families. There is also a very good amount of crunch. New talents and specializations. You have rules for organization development that look quite intriguing. So this very much seems like a setting I would run Modern AGE in. Highly recommended.

How much are cybernetics in the book? I am really interested in adding them to my campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday View Post
    How much are cybernetics in the book? I am really interested in adding them to my campaign.
    My quick read of the book says that they are very intertwined with the lore. Human enhancements are attributed to a number of scientific origins like genetics, selective breeding, materials, and computer enhanced. You won't find a section on cybernetics, but talents for "minor augmentation" and guidelines for "Lazuri" which seem to be the super humans of this world.

So depending on how similar your setting is to the World of Lazarus, your mileage may vary.
    Herding Dice - A tumblr where I put things about Adventure Game Engine design.
    Adventure Mechanics - A set of house rules for the Adventure Game Engine that focus on mathematically informed opinions for balance and extension.

Protomolecule Host

Sorry late response there are three minor are acuity, adrenal, and strength. Acuity is absorb process info, Adrenal is reflexes and potency in combat, and strength is strength. In the index under making Lazari. Armor adds armor your body is resistant to bullets, blades, and other injuries. Awareness you process acute superhuman senses and react rapidly to any stimulus. Cognition technology augments your thought process supercharging your capacity for calculations, reasoning, and memory recall. Endurance health increase and resistance to other hazards. Muscle your strength is superhuman. Prowess psychological and physical augments provide enhanced motor skill. reflexes are enhanced you strike move and otherwise act more quickly without the need or benefit of conscious thought. Regeneration your body self repairs. Each of the are at novice, expert, and master. They are quite powerful in the context of Modern Age. So you could mix and match the to do cybernetics in your game. They can also be viewed as genetic augments so you could do super power game. I am quite happy with them. I also like the setting so this would be setting I would use.