Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minions and You!

UN Basic Recipient

Re: Minions and You!

I personally would like some non-combat focused minions, like the support crew of a ship or spaceship for example.

Btw, i know this was to be minions focused for the GM, but would be cool if was some for being used by the PCs too, like the one my last character uses in his lair, the GM house ruled that i could use him to construct Inventions if i designed them, like a assembly bot.

M&M Line Dev Freebooter Omega Girl's Avatar

Good input over all. The note about some extra guidelines on how to effectively use Minions is especially great insight! Thank you all!

And to head of any speculation, we're not planning a Minion Manual, but we do have some new campaign- and setting-focused books that I'm currently outlining that will benefit from adding new minions. I'll see how much else I'm allowed to share at this point

OPA Belta

That's very much appreciated, Omega Girl! Especially as I know you've been plenty busy with Modern AGE/World of Lazarus (O-Girl is the author, for those who weren't aware).

Specifically regarding minions, I'd suggest "official" versions of the various minion advantages/rules from Misfit Studios A Better Mousetrap, guidelines for non-combat support organizations (such as AIM, which supplies weapons and inventions but doesn't really launch many evil schemes, or the Newsboy Army from Seven Soldiers); especially in the social media era, such groups can easily come together and disperse in very short order.

Different tiers of minions might also be addressed-the X-Men can pretty easily handle most "ordinary" Sentinels, for example, but the anti-mutant robots usually can't be one-punched by all but their most powerful members (elite versions would be full-fledged NPC villains).

And of course, discussion of the roles various mooks, monsters, and minions play in different campaigns (and specifically in Earth-Prime) is always welcome.

All my best.
    Last edited by greycrusader; 12-03-2018 at 08:24 PM.

OPA Belta

I would urge more minions that don't just use damage, or minions that use damage for non-toughness.

It is my belief that Impervious was nerfed into near-uselessnes in M&M 3rd (in my games I reduced it to a flat, full rank, 1 cost simply because it is completely useless) because way too many minions and villains only used basic damage. I would like to see some minions that *effectively* use non-damage and alternative saves.

Including tactics that can make them legitimate threats.

Effective use of things like setup, team attack, etc.

Minions, complete with gear, from specific organization types / categories would be most useful to me.
    Super soldier group, super science group, invading aliens, beast kingdom (Gorilla City), undersea kingdom, evil dictator troops, super spies (SHIELD), super agents (Checkmate), etc.
    Including some interchangeable bits (winged aliens,etc.), Vehicles, gear, etc.