Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summon Device? How do i do that?

Protomolecule Host

Re: Summon Device? How do i do that?

Could this be resolved with the Activation flaw? The flavor text for the delay is you're summoning the device from an extradimensional space.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Could this be resolved with the Activation flaw? The flavor text for the delay is you're summoning the device from an extradimensional space.
    Hey, that's not bad. Think I may use that idea.

So I came up with this: The Axe of Asagiri (Axe is a common nickname for an electric guitar, and Asagiri is my character's surname.)

I built it as an Array, but I am not sure if its legal or not. I read, after I did this in Hero Lab, that Arrays may be done differently?
    Basically it is supposed to be a 'magical' guitar that my character has got somehow. She was a Heavy Metal guitarist in
    a Japanese Metal band, but is also a 'mutant'. (She also has some vocal attacks much like Black Canary) So, when she plays
    certain famous 'riffs' or uses some guitar 'techniques' they activate a power. Here's what I built (for the guitar part of the character
    anyway):

Axe of Asagiri (24 PP)
    Easily Removable (indestructible)

Blast of Sound: Cone Area Perception Area Damage 10 (1 PP)
    Sonic, DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20, Perception Area: DC 20 - Able to hear the music
    (Standard - Close - Instant)
    Flamethrower!: Line Area Damage 9 (1 PP)
    Fire, DC 24; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, DC 19; Resistible: Dodge (Standard - Close -
    Instant)
    Healing Power of Metal!!: Healing 1 (1 PP)
    Affects Objects, Energizing, Persistent, Restorative, Resurrection (Standard - Close - Instant)
    Inspiring Ballad: Enhanced Trait 10 (1 PP)
    Traits: Luck +10 (+11); Affects Others Only [2 extra ranks] (Free - Close - Sustained)
    Melodic Mind Control: Perception Area Affliction 5 (1 PP)
    Mental, 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 15;
    Perception Area: DC 15 - Able to hear the music (Standard - Close - Instant)
    Mesmerizing Music: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 10 (30 PP)
    1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20;
    Perception Area: DC 20 - Able to hear the music, Cumulative (Standard - Close - Instant)
    Wailing Wall: Protection 5 (1 PP)
    Sound, +5 Toughness (Personal - Permanent)

Is this okay, in your opinion?
    Thanks for any input,

Graham C.

If you make it "Easily Removeable", it can still be taken (and kept) away from him with a Disarm check.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Grc0001 View Post
    Hey, that's not bad. Think I may use that idea.

So I came up with this: The Axe of Asagiri (Axe is a common nickname for an electric guitar, and Asagiri is my character's surname.)

I built it as an Array, but I am not sure if its legal or not. I read, after I did this in Hero Lab, that Arrays may be done differently?
    Basically it is supposed to be a 'magical' guitar that my character has got somehow. She was a Heavy Metal guitarist in
    a Japanese Metal band, but is also a 'mutant'. (She also has some vocal attacks much like Black Canary) So, when she plays
    certain famous 'riffs' or uses some guitar 'techniques' they activate a power. Here's what I built (for the guitar part of the character
    anyway):

Axe of Asagiri (24 PP)
    Easily Removable (indestructible)

Blast of Sound: Cone Area Perception Area Damage 10 (1 PP)
    Sonic, DC 25; Cone Area: 60 feet cone, DC 20, Perception Area: DC 20 - Able to hear the music
    (Standard - Close - Instant)
    Flamethrower!: Line Area Damage 9 (1 PP)
    Fire, DC 24; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, DC 19; Resistible: Dodge (Standard - Close -
    Instant)
    Healing Power of Metal!!: Healing 1 (1 PP)
    Affects Objects, Energizing, Persistent, Restorative, Resurrection (Standard - Close - Instant)
    Inspiring Ballad: Enhanced Trait 10 (1 PP)
    Traits: Luck +10 (+11); Affects Others Only [2 extra ranks] (Free - Close - Sustained)
    Melodic Mind Control: Perception Area Affliction 5 (1 PP)
    Mental, 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 15;
    Perception Area: DC 15 - Able to hear the music (Standard - Close - Instant)
    Mesmerizing Music: Cumulative Perception Area Affliction 10 (30 PP)
    1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20;
    Perception Area: DC 20 - Able to hear the music, Cumulative (Standard - Close - Instant)
    Wailing Wall: Protection 5 (1 PP)
    Sound, +5 Toughness (Personal - Permanent)

Is this okay, in your opinion?
    Thanks for any input,

Graham C.
    I would put the Flaw Check Required: Expertise Guitar, so that way not any Schmuck can take your guitar and start playing her.

Check Required can be way more of a headache than its worth-given that you've said the character has super powers of her own, you can just give the power set a 2 point Feature that only she (or perhaps someone else with sonic powers) can use it.
    Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!

UN Basic Recipient

Smile Re: Summon Device? How do i do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Eld View Post
    Check Required can be way more of a headache than its worth-given that you've said the character has super powers of her own, you can just give the power set a 2 point Feature that only she (or perhaps someone else with sonic powers) can use it.
    Thanks. Did that instead.

UN Basic Recipient

Yes, i agree with the point is a headach and the Feature would be more easy for the character, but since was said that is a magic guitar i thinked that someone needing to know how to play it was more fitting in the concept.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
    Yes, i agree with the point is a headach and the Feature would be more easy for the character, but since was said that is a magic guitar i thinked that someone needing to know how to play it was more fitting in the concept.
    Yah, also a great point. I'll just add that to the Feature.

This seems like its going to be alot of fun to play with.

Thanks guys, for interest and all the great ideas!

G.C.