Thread: 'Mighty Offense' potion in FA rulebook

'Mighty Offense' potion in FA rulebook

One thing that's been missing from our game are some of the potions, tonics and salves from the computer games. I have just noticed though that the 'Potion of Might' in the FA rulebook works perfectly for the Dragon Age world as a 'Mighty Offense' potion or tonic (the DA 2 computer game lists the price as 1 Gold, 9 Silver). This is what GR could do more of for FA - discovering areas of crossover that expand both games but don't require Bioware approval, then publish it for Fantasy Age. Not ideal for us DA players, but it's better than nothing and would increase FA sales.

OPA Belta

Re: 'Mighty Offense' potion in FA rulebook

I doubt they could specifically use it as a crossover without approval, though. And cost may need adjusting for DAGE... seems high. But I didn't even think about checking consumables - that's a great idea if they're different!

I originally got FAGE for the additional spells -- truth be told I was disappointed by the initial FAGE offerings.But the addition of the Companion put a bunch of new spells in the game. I already changed the FAGE core spells to DAGE schools; the Companion will take a little more work.

What I did with FAGE core is I did away with Arcanum and tied spells to talents or lack there of. When I get some time, I'll do it with DAGE, the Companion, and Midgard. What I'm thinking is no Arcanum (which I hate) and no spell trees ( which I don't love). Instead there will be four levels of spells (maybe 5): General, Novice, Journeyman, and Master. Any mage can pick up General spells. For the higher ones, they need the corresponding talent level. If I'm feeling frisky, I might add a level in between General and Novice that requires the focus.

Quote Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
    I doubt they could specifically use it as a crossover without approval, though.
    They wouldn't have to be specific. It would be simple to to construct a 'Sticky' bomb for FA, which would function as a Tar or Pitch grenade in Dragon Age. Simple too to produce an 'Armour Boost' potion (Rock Armour), 'Elemental Resistance' potions, 'Disorientation' grenades - all of which have similar counterparts in DA. FA already does, of course - electricity, ice and fire grenades all have their DA cousins.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Parsival View Post
    They wouldn't have to be specific. It would be simple to to construct a 'Sticky' bomb for FA, which would function as a Tar or Pitch grenade in Dragon Age. Simple too to produce an 'Armour Boost' potion (Rock Armour), 'Elemental Resistance' potions, 'Disorientation' grenades - all of which have similar counterparts in DA. FA already does, of course - electricity, ice and fire grenades all have their DA cousins.
    Yeah, but I don't think they could say: also usable in DAGE...

I wrote a Mighty Offense Potion for my Actual Play mini series. It gives the imbiber a +3 bonus to damage for on encounter.

For my own setting, we call them Death Draughts, and because they contain the pure element of Death, the more powerful the potion recipe becomes the more difficult and dangerous it is to drink.
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!