Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Freedom League 2020 (Recruiting ends, Nov 21st)

OPA Belta

Re: Freedom League 2020 (Recruiting ends, Nov 21st)

Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Gypsy View Post
    Move object, limited to no range is effectively Strength, I was just looking for a way to do it where we didn't have to break out physics. Theoretically the ships speed is being controlled by a captain and it is moving away from the combat zone, so Swimming stacks [base movement] usable by others would speed up the ship's retreat since it is already moving and under the control of a skilled operator. Either way, whatever B thinks, I'll go with that.
    It's kind of cheesy since Impervious doesn't seem to be doing anything more than pushing the ship, but boosting their Swim speed makes more sense than trying to give it flight. *nod*

And I made one oversight... Doc Quantum doesn't have a commlink! She could have hacked the cell network to send an emergency warning or something.

OPA Belta

And I somehow forgot binoculars, or even a monocular >_< lol

Protomolecule Host

Question on expected posting frequency, I want to make sure the game doesn't lose momentum, and post rate is what is going to destroy that. What are your expectations Plan B?

Also, I apologize if my disagreement with Epic sapped some enjoyment out of the game and stalled that momentum, I just felt that ret-con's and edit's detract from that post rate that is so vital to starting games to keep people, GM's & Players both, interested in the game and continuity. I probably overstated it and I apologize.

I sincerely hope we can keep going forward I really enjoy the potential dynamics of this group!

OPA Belta

Likewise. I think we got off on a bit of a stumble with a sequence of misunderstandings and a little clash of philosophy regarding the editing/retconning. It's an experience we can learn from and move on. (And I'm realizing Maverick shall need his equiv of a Bat-Plane so he can keep up with the fliers and teleporter :P)

Protomolecule Host

Pffft! Just a couple of handles on your web gear and some goggles so you don't eat bugs would work!

OPA Belta

Pffft! Just a couple of handles on your web gear and some goggles so you don't eat bugs would work!
    LoL, his mask has lenses and covers his mouth already, so he's fine there. Just need the fliers to remember he can't fly.

He does have deployable gliding wings on his suit though.. so he could be thrown into the air and make good distance gliding xD
    Last edited by EpicEclipse; 01-11-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Question on expected posting frequency, I want to make sure the game doesn't lose momentum, and post rate is what is going to destroy that. What are your expectations Plan B?

Also, I apologize if my disagreement with Epic sapped some enjoyment out of the game and stalled that momentum, I just felt that ret-con's and edit's detract from that post rate that is so vital to starting games to keep people, GM's & Players both, interested in the game and continuity. I probably overstated it and I apologize.

I sincerely hope we can keep going forward I really enjoy the potential dynamics of this group!
    I'm trying to post at least weekly, but i'm currently on nights and they are hitting me harder than expected. So if i'm late that's why.

They shouldn't last more than a couple weeks and hopefully my pace should pick up after that.

@ Zen Gypsy: While i usally pretty permissive with power stunts, i'm going to point out thats a lot quicker than Impervium can actully move which doesn't sit right with me. If you want to boost ship i'm fine with that, but not that much faster than you.

@ WheelJack: Doc Quantum only has Strenght 1 there are going to be alot of people she's not going to be strong enough to carry and dragging someone at that speed seems unsafe.

OPA Belta

As someone who has worked graveyards since July (13.5 hour shifts from July to mid October, then down to 8 hours), I can attest, adjusting to them takes a long while and kicks your ass hard. Humans are not naturally nocturnal.

Protomolecule Host

Yeah nights can be rough, totally get that!

As for Impervium's power stunt, you're right I just want to move it a distance equal to my Flight of 6, before turning around and trying to keep the kaiju from engaging the freighter or making landfall.