Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vigilantes - Issue #1

OPA Belta

Re: Vigilantes - Issue #1

GM:

Obviously, the team was working well together, Demian playing off Kala's menacing presence with his own brand of potently menacing magic.

As before, gotta wait until the gunmen turn to find out the results. The tension is palpable.
    Dataminer is up before the gunmen!
    Vigilantes Initiative
    DT: 21
    DM: 20
    GM: 17
    SL: 14
    JJ: 11 (Delaying)
    KB: 9

Dataminer

-Rommie: Integrated
    HP: 1
    ----------

'It seems like they're not all buying it this time. Impressive, really. Julien, time for a change of plans.'

Trusting her judgment, he start to weave a new pattern of code in his minds eye while his hand slammed again onto his wall of data.

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

Above their heads, the wyrm let forth an echoing war before leaping off the it's perch with it's jaws open wide. It seemed to grow even bigger as it made it's decent, a ridge of spikes along it's back growing elongated and sharp. The purpose quickly becomes clear as it suddenly twists in mid-air, positioning it's back to slam into the group of violent gunman. It was more brutal then simply trapping them, but Julien had an itching feeling that this might prove to be more effective. To prevent any children from watching, he focused on making sure the barrier wouldn't allow them to witness it. After all, so long as those cameras were still functional, he could have a bird's eye view of the scene beyond.

Continuous Create 7, Precise

"dropping objeCts
    Simply dropping a created object on a target is treated like an Area Effect attack based on the objectís size (see the Area extra in the Powers chapter). The object inflicts damage equal to its Toughness, and targets get a Dodge check to evade the falling object. A successful check results in no damage (rather than the usual half damage). "
    I'm a doctor of literature, clearly.

My art thread!

OPA Belta

North side of the main floor:

The gunmen on the north end are a mixture of an anxiety of the falling dragon and trying to get clear, while a few others still think it's some kind of holographic trick. Too bad for them as they didn't even try to dive clear until it was far too late. Four gunmen get smashed under the calling digital dragon, leaving sixteen on Dataminer's side. Clearly unhappy with this, the gunmen open fire on the Dataminer. While he, and the innocent civilians on his side of the barrier are safe for the moment, the barrier is chipped away relentlessly by the bullets of the gunmen., the sound not unlike hail hitting a glass sunroof. The question remains, will the gunfire let up first, or will the barrier fail..

The area was enough to cover 7 grouped up, but 3 made the dodge save. Fortunately the four that didn't also failed the toughness save.

Alright. Minions don't get routine checks, so I had them all roll. They are all attacking the wall, and if the wall breaks before the gunfire ceases the remaining attacks go towards Dataminer. None miss the wall at least, so I'll also do the toughness for the wall to save a little time given the number of hits.
    The barrier is an absolute tank, standing resolutely against the onslaught, small shards chipping off and flickering back into data, but the barrier is far from impenetrable, as holes open up, drawing worried and alarmed sounds from the innocents Dataminer is protecting, and before those holes can be a defensive liability, the whole barrier decides it has taken too much damage and shatters into fragments of data before the gunfire end, resulting Dataminer collecting a few bullets of his own.

Dayem....the wall ate 13 attacks before breaking, even with the cumulating penalties for failed saves, it took 13 to fail by 3 degrees. Dataminer needs to make 3 DC17 toughness saves.
    South side of the main floor:

While Starlight, Damien and Kala try their various tactics to get the innocent people off the table as hostages, gunfire opens up on the other end and the wall the vigilantes can see from that side shatters under a percussion of gunshots. With a quick glance back to the north end, the gunmen look at each other and deliberate....quickly. "Looks like the boys are making some headway on that end, we just gotta stall until they can reinforce our side." - "Yeah, but there's three over here, one of 'ems got some weird magic, and one of 'em must have some kind of intense power, taking out half of us all at once." - "Yeah, eff this man, I'm out."

Most of the remaining ten gunmen on the south end break, shoving thier respective hostages towards the approaching vigilantes and beat it towards the stairs leading higher into the Needle. The remaining two look at eachother. "Dammit! Open fire!" While that might sound alarming, they turn their weapons on the vigilantes, stillholding the hostages as shields.

Kala and Damien utterly CRUSHED their morale with that. Only 2 made the secret save I had them do and stood their ground....stupidly. The rest are double moving to get to the stairwell, the first is opening the door while the other seven start moving up the stairs, which spiral around the inside of the main column. Both remaining gunmen hit, each having been firing at the intimidating duo. I need a DC17 toughness save from Kala and Damien.
    After all that Starlight is up. The gunmen no longer have readied actions.
    Vigilantes Initiative

Dataminer

-Rommie: Integrated
    HP: 1
    ----------

For the brief moment as the bullets left their chambers heading straight for the man, he felt a twinge of fear. Guns were both powerful and dangerous, a sensation he'd experienced first hand on multiple occasions in the past. Their scars were still felt today.

This time however, his barrier stopped the slugs cold. Only shockwaves of visibility rippled across the tangible firewall before him as the singular sign he got close to injury at all. Rommie smugly informed him that their guns weren't strong enough to even piece their defenses which made Julien smile in turn.

Things just for a little more interesting.
    Last edited by Doctor Malsyn; 12-03-2018 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Accounted for impervious.
    I'm a doctor of literature, clearly.

My art thread!

Kala the Barbarian
    HP: 2 | Condition: Just got a trophy

Even if the character Kala was unfamiliar with guns, Chloe knew enough about them to know that, if one was shot in her direction, she wanted to get out of the bullet's way.

The man who shot at Kala was pretty good with his aim, but Kala rolled backwards as he pulled the trigger and the bullet lodged itself in her leather armour.

"So," Kala said as a menacing grin formed on her face, "you are strongest?"

Quote Originally Posted by OOC stuff
    Toughness: 1d20+7 17 ... whew ...
    It's Onion Bubs, not Onion Bulbs. Noel, Noel, my name has no l.
    I create characters and put them here when I can be bothered.

Currently playing:

Starlight
    [Claire Sanders]
    HP: 1 [LP:1] Condition: Normal

A sigh of relief passes through Starlight as her companions break the gunmen will. DM and Damien really had them on their heels. And speaking of heels it looked like Kala was going to use hers to put the hurt on somebody real bad. I hope Jessica's ok? Without even realizing she had, Claire was chasing the gunmen running for the stairwell.

With a twisting spiral, Starlight weaves between the gunmen heading them off at the stairwell. "Sorry guys, no ticket no entrance." Her eyes glowed a bright violet for a moment then a Flash using one of her oldest and most dependable abilities, to create a photonic pulse, filling the area around her in a thirty foot radius with a blinding bright light.

Special Attack: Photonic Burst +7 [DC22 Burst Area])

OPA Belta

GM:

Starlight is easily able to outmaneuver the gunman at the door and slip in over his head and up the open central area of the stairwell to cut the gunmen off. The intense burst of light causes a mixture of reactions from pained shouts to some shuffling and nearly causing a pileup, though two of the gunmen managed to get their arms up to protect their very important optical organs.

In order of distance from Starlight going downwards to the door: Debilitated, Saved, Debilitated, Impaired, Saved, Impaired, Disabled, Disabled
    Next would be Dusk. I'll have her spend her turn maneuvering for now so if Lara is able to return she can drop in elsewhere convenient. That makes it Kala's turn
    Vigilantes Initiative

Kala the Barbarian
    HP: 2 | Condition: Not fatigued yet but will be soon

Kala had said enough words by now. It was time for her to back them up with action. She charged towards the two gunmen who had fired on her and her comrade, thrust her spear at one and then swiftly brought it around to strike the other. Attacking two people as quickly as that, however, wasn't something that Kala was used to and she had to pause for a moment to catch her breath once she was done.

Quote Originally Posted by OOC stuff
    Spear attack: 1d20+11 23 so the guy who shot Kala probably needs to make a DC 22 Toughness save.
    Using Extra Effort to attack the other guy.
    Second spear attack: 1d20+11 21 so the other gunman probably needs to make a DC 22 Toughness save too.
    Kala is due to become fatigued on her next turn.
    Last edited by Onion Bubs; 12-07-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Fatigue doesn't kick in just yet
    It's Onion Bubs, not Onion Bulbs. Noel, Noel, my name has no l.
    I create characters and put them here when I can be bothered.

Currently playing:

OPA Belta

GM:

When one thinks on things they might encounter in a day, even with the advent of those with powers becoming more and more a part of everyday life, one does not typically consider the possibility of a woman clad in fur and leather armor charging at you with a spear. The two gunmen certainly didn't as they are too stunned by the sight of it they can't mange to train their guns on the charging faux barbarian as she closes the distance and disables them both with swift, concise strikes.

Both down. Neither rolled anywhere near what they needed. Damien is up next.
    Vigilantes Initiative