Thread: Quirk from Freedom City

UN Basic Recipient

Quirk from Freedom City

My fellow Mutants and Masterminds fans,
    Through all my playing of this game, one character has stood out to me above all others. Namely, Freedom City's resident imp, Quirk.
    I know that one might say that he's just a Mxyzptlk rip-off, but he's more than that. He's a unique character all on his own, with much room for growth and elaboration.
    Here's some ideas I have for him when I play him:

Despite his appearance, he is actually 950 decillion googolplex years old. As far as the births of universes go, the birth of ours was a very recent occurrence to him.

Anticipating that he could be stripped of his powers (potentially as a result of having it happen before), Quirk spends some of his time travelling the omniverse to train with its greatest masters of martial arts, magics and sciences. Still, however, the third dimension is rather alien to him, so he appears to not be much smarter than a normal human.

He sometimes diminishes his own powers just for thrills, like the time he tricked Omega into heating up his queso.

And my personal favorite so far:
    Being a being beyond canon, Quirk can see the products of others companies (comics, books, shows, etc.). This has allowed him to gain knowledge of other fictional characters, including Mr. Mxyzptlk. His reaction to seeing the mentioned villain in action? "Not bad for only 5 dimensions."

Would anybody else like to give some inspiration. Similar ideas, totally different ideas, criticism....it's all welcome on this thread.

Re: Quirk from Freedom City

I'm an uncomplicated person. Quirk is pretty much as childish and immature as he seems, and he likes it that way. With his cosmic powers, he could be omniscient, could be completely logical, could beat the heroes without even trying, but what's the fun in any of that? Rather, he has self-limited himself (although not so much that he could ever be in danger) and enjoys novelty even if he has to occasionally block his memories away to produce the novelty.

UN Basic Recipient

These are all some very good ideas and observations so far. Keep it up!
    P.S. Many say that the ideal voice of Mxyzptlk is that of Gilbert Gottfried. If Quirk had a voice actor, who would it be? A top candidate in my mind is Adam Conover from Adam Ruins Everything. Not sure why, though.

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nmw80 View Post
    like the time he tricked Omega into heating up his queso.
    Proper queso temperature is serious business.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!