Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what happened to Malador the Mystic?

Re: So what happened to Malador the Mystic?

Quote Originally Posted by greycrusader View Post
    Ah, my thanks for the clarification. I thought that might be the case, but wasn't certain if perhaps I'd missed a throwaway reference to Adrian Eldrich's old enemy in the text.

BTW: Given the hints some of the GR staff have given about the resurgence of various supernatural villains across the Freedomverse, I'd agree Malador won't be contained much longer (though obviously that depends on their plans for future releases).

All my best,
    ironically, I rather like the notion that upon learning the situation on Earth-Prime, Malador actually freaks out over it, so his capers, while genuinely horrible, are based out of whatever twisted sense of responsibility and pragmatism Malador possesses ("I was here first, there's no way I'm giving this world up to someone like Empress Sola.") so that there's actually a world for him to conquer

Quote Originally Posted by greycrusader View Post
    Surprised GR was able to get the rights to the META-4 Universe heroes and villains, given how tangled the situation with the demise of Super-Unicorn Productions.
    I could be wrong, but my impression was that Green Ronin retained most of the usage rights, but only referenced them in artwork (and very little of that in 3E) because they preferred to promote their own brand of Freedom City.

OPA Belta

Ah, I wasn't aware of that; I thought the situation was more like the Milestone/DC Comics' one, where the individual creators owned the rights to characters but the Super-Unicorn company had licensed the rights for a period of time; that scenario obviously creates problems if the original publisher folds and the licensing company has to deal with a bunch of different individuals. Thanks for clarifying the matter, FuzzyBoots.

I rather like Kreuzritter's suggestion as well-Malador might see himself as "the rightful" heir to the title of Master Mage, because while he intends to rule the world as an absolute tyrant, he would still administer to the welfare of "his subjects" (so long as they displayed total obedience and self-sacrifice), while other supernatural entities are "interlopers" and "other-dimensional parasites"-almost imbuing him with aspects of Dr. Doom.

All my best.