Thread: City of Aldis geographical dimensions

OPA Belta

City of Aldis geographical dimensions

Currently I am reading the Aldis City sourcebook, and on the whole, I like it very, very much, chock-full of adventuring opportunities as it is.

But one niggling question remains: what is the geographical size of the city? Extrapolating from presumptions about river width and plaza sizes, I guesstimate the length and width of the city to be about 2,5 and 1,5 km or (1,5 and 1 miles), more or less.

Does this "guesstimate" make sense concerning population density? I am not sure.
    Last edited by rulandor; 10-25-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Keeper of the Freeport Errata Freebooter timemrick's Avatar

Re: City of Aldis geographical dimensions

I don't have the new city book, but the City of Aldis map in the Blue Rose core book lacked a scale as well. Based on the Aldis map in the original True20 World of Aldea sourcebook (p. 18), the city is approximately 2.5 miles across from east to west. This means that 1 mile is approximately 2.5 inches on the core book's map, or 5 inches on the poster map that comes with it.

I'm still waiting for Joe Carriker to get back to me with an official answer on that. (Hi, Joe!)
    Last edited by timemrick; 10-25-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by timemrick View Post
    I don't have the new city book, but the City of Aldis map in the Blue Rose core book lacked a scale as well. Based on the Aldis map in the original True20 World of Aldea sourcebook (p. 18), the city is approximately 2.5 miles across from east to west. This means that 1 mile is approximately 2.5 inches on the core book's map, or 5 inches on the poster map that comes with it.

I'm still waiting for Joe Carriker to get back to me with an official answer on that. (Hi, Joe!)
    Thanks for that clarification; if it is from the True20 sourcebook, we can perhaps consider it at least semi-official.

These dimensions seem more probable in the context of half a million inhabitants.

Green Ronin Staff

Yeah, it's probably best to assume the old 1e measurements hold, even though our design of the city has changed somewhat between editions.