Thread: Wonders of Thedas Episode 63: Deserts and Darkspawn

Wonders of Thedas Episode 63: Deserts and Darkspawn

Welcome to the Wonders of Thedas, your one-stop-shop for all your Dragon Age roleplaying game needs!

You can hear the episode above, or you can listen on iTunes, Google Play, and Soundcloud!

We go to the desolation that is the Anderfels to talk about being an Ander Survivor! This background is for the tough and scarred hero of the far north, growing up in a harsh world with darkspawn, Grey Warden politics, and the fight for survival! Reyn is on point with their jokes and segment transitions, Jessica does some cat herding behind the scenes, and we announce our participation in Dragon 4ge day!

For more info about the fan celebration that is Dragon 4ge day, you can find their site here! Please remember that submissions are subject to the rules of the event, but you can submit art, fan-fiction, and even Dragon Age RPG adventures!

You can read Saulo Ortega's adventure Delving Deep here!

If you like what we do, please support us on Patreon! You can get more valuable votes on episode topics, or even get episode early! The more support we get the bigger show becomes, perhaps even becoming new shows with enough support

If you would like to submit a question or some custom content for the Dragon Age RPG, you can send it to us through our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Soundcloud, and WordPress blog accounts! You can email us at wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com or send a private message to Kot the Protector or Healerpuff on the Green Ronin forums, or Kot or Lisse on the d20 Radio forums!

Thanks for listening, Thedosians!
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!

OPA Belta

Re: Wonders of Thedas Episode 63: Deserts and Darkspawn

Just as a heads-up, I am planning on participating in D4Day. I'm currently working on an Inquisition-era adventure that I'm calling Unwelcome Guests.

If anyone has any easy to use layout templates to gussy up the adventure for presentation, they'd be much appreciated and I'd be happy to add you as a contributor credit.

It was interesting to hear your thoughts on the Anderfels. Whilst all the other Andrastian countries of Thedas have some similarity to a real world nation that helps portray it and its residents, the Anderfels has always seemed to lack such a single counterpart. It's size and steppes indicates something like Russia or the Ukraine, but the blighted and deserted nature of them is more like Siberia (though a hot, arid Siberia, not a cold, frozen one). Then there are the names, which indicate a Germanic influence, particularly something like Bohemia, Moravia or Silesia. That area matches the religious fervour (somewhat heretical) of the Hussites, and we know the Anders are extremely (possibly fanatically), pious. The stress on portraiture also chimes with the icons of the Eastern Orthodox church. Lastly, the influence and temporal power of the Grey Wardens has parallels with that of the Order of Teutonic knights in the Baltic states. I suppose it all makes sense, as we know Thedas mirrors our world somewhat in a back-to-front, left-to-right way. In conclusion, the Anderfels therefore probably represents a mixture of Baltic, Czech, East German and Russian influences.

Regarding a question for the next podcast - I have been pondering introducing the aspect of weapons having different armour piercing qualities. In Dragon Age Origins, axes and mauls/maces have an increasing ability to bypass armour, but at the cost of lessening the chance to achieve critical hits. I thought of the following as an option: Axes require an extra SP to generate Lethal Blow stunts, but disregard a point of armour against foes with more than 5AP. Weapons from the bludgeon group require an extra SP to generate either Lethal Blow or Mighty Blow stunts, but disregard 2 points or armour against foes with more than 5AP.

What do you think?

Anyway, keep up the good work and I look forward to the next episode!
    Last edited by Parsival; 11-07-2018 at 03:57 AM.

Thanks for the question as always, Parsival! We'll have an answer for you on the next episode!
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!