Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: Vigilantes

Re: Vigilantes

Umbrella Accademy? Never heard of that one before. Brief description?
    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

What do I do around here?

MCRN Admiral

It is a new show on Netflix(us at least). https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...my_(TV_series)

It's a group of people with powers(out of only 43 people) all on the same day spontaneously who get adopted by an aloof rich guy, trained to be heroes, split up for various reasons with various issues, and reunite to try and save the world after the father's death.

Dosn't seem like my kinda show, but I won't knock you for it. A limited super-power origin story could be pretty cool too, though. It's similar enough to a mutants-type game that I'd be happy for it as well.

MCRN Admiral

Eh, everyone likes what they like. The show probably wouldn't translate well into a game here. The concept maybe, but the players would need to be reliable.

OPA Belta

Umbrella Academy would not work as an RPG unless you were playing the existing characters with a group of people steeped in the character histories. The core conceit of the story is that all the kids were born on the same day and raised by an eccentric nut who was training them to save the world. That's a LOT of shared backstory.

OPA Belta

So just a reminder, it was discovered there were in fact 5 reasonably sized banks only a few blocks from the mall (You guys walked for a good solid while down here).

And for a relatively simple logical leap; "Digger" is probably who is making the tunnels and has a tremor sense, though by the detail it only picks up Blink snooping around, it doesn't quite have enough range to catch the rest of you yet.

Could I use Summon Hologram to create artificial radio chatter through Blink's mask? It's a perception range illusion effect, currently I can perceive through his observation gear. A maguyver'd radio communication essentially, I suppose.

OPA Belta

Sorry, I totally missed this question.

I think it depends on exactly what you intend to do. Illusion creates the effect in a space you can perceive with an accurate sense. You don't have selective on it, so anyone near may hear it. Obviously making softer sounds will mitigate that, but if you were going to try and have all the walkies give orders to move, that is going to be a lot more tricky to pull off because you would have to identify all the walkies and have the illusion sound like it's coming through all of them. Missing even one could ruin the effect as an indicator that something is off about the broadcast.

So what were you intending?

Ah, I had wanted to use it to try and communicate with Blink. Now that he's rejoined the group it's no longer necessary, though I appreciate the clarification either way.

OPA Belta

I thought it might be that.

Using auditory illusion to communicate is viable, but it's much less private than the communication power unless you have selective or limited to single target extra/flaw.

You can use visual illusion too for a silent communication they can read. (I know it's moot at this point, but a neat trick all the same)