Thread: Spellbook for Fantasy Age

UN Basic Recipient

Spellbook for Fantasy Age

In case anyone is interested I have compiled all of the spells in the core and companion into one book as a pdf. Not sure if that's breaking some kind of copyright if i distribute it , therefore i won't unless someone from Ronin chimes in.

Protomolecule Host

Re: Spellbook for Fantasy Age

Quote Originally Posted by Santrix View Post
    In case anyone is interested I have compiled all of the spells in the core and companion into one book as a pdf. Not sure if that's breaking some kind of copyright if i distribute it , therefore i won't unless someone from Ronin chimes in.
    Yeah - distributing it would be a copyright violation.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by dcoughler View Post
    Yeah - distributing it would be a copyright violation.
    Yeah. They might not do anything about it though -- people released similar things for D-AGE.

Keeper of the Freeport Errata Freebooter timemrick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
    Yeah. They might not do anything about it though -- people released similar things for D-AGE.
    Just because Green Ronin doesn't sue everyone who violates their copyright doesn't mean that anyone else should do it. Please don't encourage illegal use of Green Ronin's content, and definitely not here on the company's own forums.
    Tim Emrick, Freebooter, Keeper of the Freeport Errata
    Winds of Freeport: my Pathfinder Freeport campaign (2014-2016).
    Time of the Tarrasque: my next Pathfinder campaign (under development).
    Studded Plate: my blog about RPGs, LEGO, and other geeky subjects.
    Thastygliax's Vault: my other gaming pages.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by timemrick View Post
    Just because Green Ronin doesn't sue everyone who violates their copyright doesn't mean that anyone else should do it. Please don't encourage illegal use of Green Ronin's content, and definitely not here on the company's own forums.
    Sorry I wasn't meaning to encourage, and I can see how that would be misconstrued as such. But historically, I know some companies have been fiercely protective of their properties, going after DIY aids that would probably be fair use, and GR (to my knowledge) has not been one of those.

But to clarify: compiling and releasing all of the full spells would be a copyright violation, and you shouldn't do that. Spells are really the only reason why I bought FAGE and the Companion. But a DIY aid that still required the books? I doubt they'd bother with that.

Protomolecule Host

I think a list of the spell names and level without stats or description would probably be okay.

One of the lasts pages in the Fantasy Age Companion is already a complete spell list with check boxes organized into the various Arcana. Having a fan-made one can be good to, having a kind of spell grimiore like Dragon Age has where you can easily find your Spellpower values and the TN for the spell your casting (so you can spend less time looking at the books) would be quite welcome!

Protomolecule Host

Quote Originally Posted by Kot the Protector View Post
    One of the lasts pages in the Fantasy Age Companion is already a complete spell list with check boxes organized into the various Arcana. Having a fan-made one can be good to, having a kind of spell grimiore like Dragon Age has where you can easily find your Spellpower values and the TN for the spell your casting (so you can spend less time looking at the books) would be quite welcome!
    Oh yeah - forgot about that Appendix. I made a full list for myself already.

UN Basic Recipient

Yeh that's why i posted here, and why i haven't distributed it, i'll use it just for myself. Saying that, it would be really useful if GR actually compiled one.

In fact it'd be nice if we saw some adventure modules.... Have GR stopped supporting FA past the companion and bestiary?

They have another book in the works called the Campaign Builder’s Guide. They also are fighting to get a community creator program like the DMs Guild going.
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!