Thread: Adding Knockback as an extra to a close attack.

UN Basic Recipient

Adding Knockback as an extra to a close attack.

While I am not looking to add knockback in general to my game, I am looking to be able to add it as an extra to some specific melee attacks. Would this be done best through a linked modified move object, or is there a more elegant solution?

Re: Adding Knockback as an extra to a close attack.

Both 2E and 3E have knockback rules already. You could just make using the knockback rules on an attack a 1-2 point feature added to that attack.
    Classic car restoring, gun owning, martial arts practicing, military, gamer geek, kinky lesbian IT chick (has your brain exploded yet?)
    My character library

Protomolecule Host

Quote Originally Posted by tallyrand View Post
    While I am not looking to add knockback in general to my game, I am looking to be able to add it as an extra to some specific melee attacks. Would this be done best through a linked modified move object, or is there a more elegant solution?
    I think Move Object is elegant. Are you looking for Knockback only on a critical hit? (To me, that sounds like a Very Limited Move Object.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    I think Move Object is elegant. Are you looking for Knockback only on a critical hit? (To me, that sounds like a Very Limited Move Object.)
    2E Ultimate Power or 3E Mastermind's Manual (I think it is still in there) do give the option for adding a 5 rank effect on a crit instead of the higher damage resistance. You could always apply that as a rank 5 MO on crit instead of higher damage DC if you wanted without spending any PPs on a linked (very) limited MO power as well.
    Classic car restoring, gun owning, martial arts practicing, military, gamer geek, kinky lesbian IT chick (has your brain exploded yet?)
    My character library

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    This would be on a weapon where one of its AEs would be an attack that would send who/whatever it hit flying in addition to damage. Maybe I could tack on a 1 point per rank extra that on a hit threw the target at strength equal to to the rank of the extra.,