Thread: Power Walker/Rig: Device or Equipment?

Protomolecule Host

Question Power Walker/Rig: Device or Equipment?

So I've been thinking about creating a character who uses a "walker" (sort of a cross between the walker Ripley used in Aliens, and the Labour Rigs from Age of Steel). It'd primarily be used as a transport; no weapons or anything, though if necessary, it could probably hold its own against certain threats.

Thing is, due to the somewhat unique nature of this vehicle, I'm not sure if it should be categorized as a Device, or filed under Equipment.
    "Let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, that all may profit by it. Let me think of the right and lend all my assistance to those who need it, with no regard for anything but justice. Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage. Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens and my associates in everything I say and do. Let me do right to all, and wrong no man." - Clark Savage, Jr.

Re: Power Walker/Rig: Device or Equipment?

That really depends on your setting. If they are relatively common in the settings (even just as construction equipment for example), then equipment is OK, but a top of the line model with extra features could be done as a device. If it is a really rare or unique thing in the setting then it needs to be a device.
    Classic car restoring, gun owning, martial arts practicing, military, gamer geek, kinky lesbian IT chick (has your brain exploded yet?)
    My character library

Protomolecule Host

Re: Power Walker/Rig: Device or Equipment?

According to Gadget Guide, mecha are equipment, despite how important they are to certain characters. Same with spaceships. I think this falls under equipment.