Thread: Mass Effect RPG?

Mass Effect RPG?

It was very interesting to listen to Jack Norris on the recent Wonders of Thedas podcast (I get it a week early as a Patreon supporter). He said that Green Ronin had been very interested in designing a pen-and-paper RPG based on the Mass Effect universe and indeed had made a pitch to Bioware to do so, but that the contacts involved had not been as keen as their Dragon Age counterparts.

It was probably years ago that such an approach was made, so I wonder if it might be worth revisiting the idea with Bioware, now that Mark Darrah (probably involved in Dragon Age in 2010) is higher-up the company ladder. With the 11 year anniversary of N7 day coming up next month, Bioware have Mass Effect on the back-burner but I suspect they would like to raise the profile of it. They are also probably finished with the Milky Way, so might be more happy for 3rd parties to influence 'canon' there.

I'd love to play a Green Ronin produced Mass Effect RPG!

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Re: Mass Effect RPG?

It has been [zero] days since someone proposed licensing mass effect. Reset the clock!
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Fildrigar View Post
    It has been [zero] days since someone proposed licensing mass effect. Reset the clock!
    And yet there is still no (official) Mass Effect RPG or 28mm Mass Effect miniatures line. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of Dropfleet/Dropzone Commander stuff... but it's not official and not at the scale which allows four players to fight their way through a horde of oncoming Blue Sun mercs, coordinating the adept's use of biotics with the team's soldier for maximum damage, having the engineer change the battlefield setup as the infiltrator sneaks in behind enemy lines.

I understand why people want to see this happen. I think that, eventually, it will.
    Last edited by BTolputt; 10-11-2018 at 01:22 AM.

In the meantime, while I know it's not the same thing, I did stat up stuff for gear and biotics in Mass Effect here, and somewhere I have species templates for the various Mass Effect species.

Power Profiles: Biotics
    Gadget Guide: Mass Effect Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Fildrigar View Post
    That still doesn't negate the fact that a new approach to Bioware right now might be viewed much more favourably than previously.

Just sayin'...