Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Numbers of superhumans in your worlds

Protomolecule Host

Re: Children of the Atom

Quote Originally Posted by ZeronosVega View Post
    So in short, radiation-induced mutations?
    Well, correlation need not imply causation, but radioactive origin stories were once fairly common.

Protomolecule Host

Re: Numbers of superhumans in your worlds

This line of thought is why I suggested perhaps that it is not necessarily genetics, or rather that all Humans could potentially be a Super. The question is not who is born with the gene but who is triggered and what it does to/for that individual. In this case it would be the radiation would be a trigger for some people. It is a slightly different way of looking at it but it ends up with similar results.

Protomolecule Host

Another reason that I thought of the idea that Humans could have a predisposition to being a Super is that it is a reason that space travelers and dimensional travelers might be interested in Earth. Some would want to study the Human specimens, others would want to exploit them. Why Earth? Because it has Humans, and some Humans are Supers.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
    This line of thought is why I suggested perhaps that it is not necessarily genetics, or rather that all Humans could potentially be a Super. The question is not who is born with the gene but who is triggered and what it does to/for that individual. In this case it would be the radiation would be a trigger for some people. It is a slightly different way of looking at it but it ends up with similar results.
    So something like the Paragons setting, then. Everyone could become a super if the right conditions are met to trigger the transformation.