Thread: Tiring, continuous and containers...

UN Basic Recipient

Tiring, continuous and containers...

Manufacturers And merchants of bedding are likely several promotions and special events that focus on American patriotism and tie in with the presidential elections or the Olympics. Promotions and Revenue from retailers have been discussed, such as those Montgomery Ward, Sears Homelife, Marshall Field and Carson Pirie Scott. Producers' efforts will also be discussed, such as programs by R.C. Willey, Simmons, Finger Furniture, Sealy Inc, King Koil, Serta, Spring Air and Strobel Leading Edge Bedding.

Searching Retailers and manufacturers have rolled out an collection of events and promotions which will tie in with summer Olympics and the presidential elections To warm up bedding earnings in the second half.

Many Retailers are failing hard together with all the older standby

discount pricing

to Attract customers throughout the selling year that is hot.

Bloomingdale's, At press time, offered 20 percent off Simmons, Stearns & Foster. Marshall Field's offered of the futon mattresses to 30 to 40% off all. Sears Homelife needed 30 to 45 percent off most futon mattresses, using an additional 10 percent off"better, best and highest mattresses"

Circulars From retailers pointed into a range of extras. & montgomery Ward's Rooms was touting 20 to 50 percent off free shipping or futon mattress frame most of futon mattresses, and pickup and installation. If you are going to purchase a twin size futon mattress, it is important to read the product reviews

Carson Pirie Scott offered 30 to 50 percent off, an additional $40 off a queen piece set, along with a bed frame having a premium pair buy.

In That the requirement was noted by the action, retailers' midst.

"We are Growing our promotions," explained Mark Garrison, mattress purchaser for R.C. Willey. "We are doing some innovative promotions which we have not attempted before, to come to our clients from another angle. We are going to use a giveaway with a buy, premiums. Which appears to work well."

Even though He's reluctant to disclose the nature of the premiums this season, that the organization is currently contemplating, Garrison is pleased with the efforts of its preceding year. "We conducted free sheet promotions, or a night's stay in a hotel," he explained. "These worked well for us previously."

Simmons Is currently mounting a marketing. Simmons is providing the Olympic Village with bedding.

"We Have an event promoting program based around the Olympics," explained Ron Passaglia, senior executive vice president. "It'll include 15 excursions for 2 [into the Olympics] for retail flooring salespeople around the nation. The excursions include air fare, hotel and tickets.

"We Realize merchandise that is precious is. Thus, we've created particular Olympic Backcare and Beautyrest versions to retail from $499 to $799 queen dimensions," Passaglia explained.

Finger Furniture is tying to an Olympic theme. In accordance with Rodney Finger, bedding purchaser,"We are giving away complimentary Olympic themed throw blankets with every purchase of 2 Olympic beds. That is likely going to be our main marketing, so far as the summertime is concernedup before the Olympics," he explained.

The Summer Games is one of the topics Sealy is currently having to appeal to Americans' patriotic series. That's the rationale behind"Sealy Supports America," according to Ken Garlitz, director of marketing solutions. "The marketing basically ties into each of the red, blue and white events moving through this summer; the Olympics, '' the election, the Fourth of July and also Flag Day," he explained. See more about queen size futon mattress here: https://medium.com/@colorpop1102/fut...e-48f28e0ee7c6

Serta Has its own unique event. "It is Serta's 65th anniversary, so we're continuing the party with unique Perfect Sleeper models created to retail from $399 in queen size group to $699 pillowtop in queen," explained Bob Malin, vice president of advertising.

"We are Planning a sale that is nationwide that we have run for any number of decades. It is always profitable. Additionally, we now have many regional events planned for July."

King Koil will attempt to help using a marketing. In the High Point, N.C., marketplace, King Koil introduced its own Two Good Names, One Fantastic Promotion for the summer of 1996. It's a sweepstakes offering users the opportunity to win a NordicTrack if they encounter participating dealers to have a look at or try a King Koil Posture Bond sleeping set out.

"Added Regional promotions will be provided at different summer economies," stated Ernie Friedman, King Koil's president.

Spring Air is benefiting from information that is excellent summertime earnings to induce. "We've got a sale, according to a Consumer's Digest'best buy' evaluation that we have obtained to our Four Seasons pillowtops," explained Larry McKay, senior vice president of sales and promotion.

"We are Attempting to push customers into retail shops and build brand recognition of Spring Air. We purchased $3 million in nationwide and place radio which can reach saturation levels. Would be to encourage clients to come Spring Air retailers into engaging.

"We Also possess a distinctive retail tv spot for your event, along with a complete retail advertising package, together with newspaper advertisements, direct mail and focus getting point of purchase stuff," McKay explained.

Strobel Leading Edge Bedding is currently counting to spur Earnings, according to manager Steve Bennethum. "One new product is a Supple pedic, that has a lever spring program using a space age was called by bed Substance called polyfilax," he explained. "This provides body adapting support without pressure points. Polyfilax're being billed by us because'the substance of The 21st century' We have been getting a fantastic answer," Bennethum explained.
    Last edited by jamecloud; 10-09-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Re: Tiring, continuous and containers...

Quote Originally Posted by jamecloud View Post
    I wanted to make a character that can shapechange with great difficulty. If I make shapechange continuous and tiring would I just be permanently fatigued or only when initially changing form? The same question applies to distracting. I envisioned a character for whom shapechange is quite horrible and really hard work flaw tiring. Flaw side-effect nauseate and (intense pain) and the character cannot do anything else while shapechanging (flaw distracting).However, once he has changed and recovered from the effort of changing, he is no longer in pain. If within the shapechange container he has heal, self only and he tried to use it on himself, would he have to deal with the pain, distraction and fatigue all over again?
    I am assuming from your use of the terms "container" and "side-effect nauseate" that you are using the 2nd Edition Ultimate Power rules, since those terms don't appear in any of the other books, so you're talking about Shapeshift.

By default, Shapeshift is Sustained Duration and requires a Move Action to shift traits around, all for a cost of 8p/lvl. Changing Duration from Sustained to Continuous is a +1 Extra, for 9p/lvl. So far, so good, if crazy expensive. You obviously want to lower that cost with Flaws, which is completely reasonable.

Tiring is a good Flaw. It would require that the Shifter take a level of Fatigue every time they change (ie use the Shapeshift power), not while they are maintaining one form. You would still need to recover from fatigue normally or with Hero Points, but you couldn't make several changes in a short time without possibly knocking yourself out.

Side Effect is always an interesting idea, and making it Always occur for a -2 Flaw is tempting. Keep in mind that the side effect is supposed to be about as powerful as the Power it is modifying, so a 24-point Shapeshift (which is relatively small) would inflict a Level 12 Nauseate every time you shifted traits. A generous GM may allow the Nauseate to only be equal to the number of points shifted. Example: Shifter wants to turn their hand into a sword, shifting over 4 points (Strike 3 + Improved Critical) and rolling to resist Nauseate Level 2 (and still taking 1 level of Fatigue).

Distracting is trickier to resolve. The book specifically states that you lose your Dodge bonus any round a Distracting power is "used or maintained," which sounds like it should be in effect the whole time. This feels a little extreme, although getting the Flaw for only losing dodge for the one turn you shift is definitely too soft. If I were GM, I'd probably want the dodge penalty to last as long as some of the other effects, like Fatigue or Nauseate.

Having Healing as part of the shifted traits should not trigger all of those effects unless you had to shift points that round to make Healing. That said, using shifted Healing to minimize the effects of the Flaws is kinda cheesy; I'm not sure if it effectively games the system since I haven't used 2nd Edition in a long time and 2e Healing is such a snakepit of complexity compared to 3rd Ed, but at the very least it seems like the Healing should be outside the Shapeshift container if it exists at all, IMHO.

I do have some suggestions on alternate ways to build this:

- All Increased Action, the rest is Flavour: You can simply make the transformation take longer with the descriptor that it's a painful process, but has no lasting side effects. With a default Action of Move, it's a -2 Flaw to make the Shift take a Full Round, so all actions that round are taken up with transformation and no attack or movement is possible. With GM permission you could even make it last several rounds; 5 rounds would be 2 steps up the chart for a full -4 Flaw, equal to what you seemed to be aiming for above. This has the advantage of being simple to resolve with no rolling necessary, although it does make mid-combat transformations a bad idea (but then again, so did your original idea). Additional Drawbacks could be things like Howling in Pain or Blinded to Surroundings for the length of the Shift Action.

- Some Increased Action, Some Lasting Effects: I personally like the Side Effect: Nausea Flaw, particularly scaling it to point usage (clear with your GM), so combining that with Full Round Action would also get you to -4 Flaw.
    Last edited by JDRook; 09-23-2018 at 12:22 AM.
    My old Atomic Think Tank thread
    My current character thread: The Sound of my Eyebeams

I will build characters in HeroLab for you! Send me your finished design or even your original concept!