Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Superteam Handbook!

OPA Belta

Re: Superteam Handbook!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Girl View Post
    She had a life-changing experience. Whether or not that was tragic is a personal perspective.
    Well as long as she takes it out on Fear-Master, preferably on his face.

and the Red Group's preview is up. hits their vibe so well that my thought was "wasn't there a TV show with this general premise?"

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    and the Red Group's preview is up. hits their vibe so well that my thought was "wasn't there a TV show with this general premise?"
    Yes, it looks to be Leverage meets Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

OPA Belta

Really looking forward to this. Love when potential PC characters are "hard-wired" into the setting. (I've also liked how many NPCs in some of the books have been statted in such a way that they could be used as a starting PC of the appropriate power level; Tribal from Threat Reports comes to mind).

The Shadow Knights sound really interesting; I may be off base, but the description sounds like we're finally getting a Freedomverse TMNT analog/ pastiche. While arguably one of the most important creations of the "Iron Age", they're also one of the hardest to come up with a pastiche for without seeming derivative.

OPA Belta

I will say without hesitation the Shadow Knights are a worthwhile homage, and do not read as derivative of the source material, or as mere "Captain Ersatzes"-their creator did fine work.

Though I'm still disappointed Omega Girl didn't see fit to honor the Dingbats of Danger Street instead, *SOB*-can't Jack Kirby's WORST hero team get any love?

All my best.