Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Superteam Handbook!

UN Basic Recipient

Re: Superteam Handbook!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Girl View Post
    The SuperTeam Handbook is very player-focused. There isn't much in it about villain groups.
    Any chance we could get the PDF by Q1-2019?

Protomolecule Host

I am still impatiently waiting for the print + pdf bundle. From what I think that this book will have in it, it should become one of the "must have" books.

What are you thinking will be in it to make it must have?
    (Because I'm in the fence about this one, despite owning every other 3e book.)
    I don't really need more Freedomverse characters. If there is loads of generic team options though, like base building, team attacks, and more I'll definitely buy it.

Protomolecule Host

I was thinking about options for team members working together, without having to spend power points on it. Things such as:

Attitude towards other team members, where it grants a bonus and penalty in different situations. For example:

Loyal: gain a +2 to resistance rolls made when in the presence of the other team member or when trying to help that person. -2 to resist when you think that you would be helping that person.

Rival: +2 on actions where you are trying to outshine the other person, but a -2 to resist siituations where you could be made to outshine them.

Neutral would have no modifier.

Team Advantages, which are basically things where the team trains to work together. I don't think that they should cost the characters' power points, but maybe a team power point pool. Call it Team Training Pool.

Bonus to an attack roll when two or more team members are working together. The bonus can be split up between those present in the scene each turn. Maybe it would be better to have them a finite amount per session, and you can only tap into it if you are working in tandem with at least one other team member, perhaps the bonuis being limited by how many team members are present. For example, say you have +10 attack bonus per session. If you have 3 people in the team together for a scene you can use up to +3 per turn, divided among 1 to 3 of you. You could all get the bonus or give it to the one guy that the other two are setting up.

There could be other bonus types, too, but attack rolls are probably the most common. I could also see this rule being used for black ops teams, Navy SEALS, etc. The idea is the same, where the team is training to work together and anticipate each other's actions and reactions. The goal is to work together as a well-oiled machine. I see teams of super heroes like special forces teams. Or at least the good teams anyway.

If the book is full of that sort of thing, I'm all in. I'd also like to see deeper base options, with ideas for roles on the team. For instance, Martian Manhunter in the Watchtower guiding the team through a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
    I was thinking about options for team members working together, without having to spend power points on it.
    One aspect of the Marvel Superhero RPG I liked for character definition was a teamwork affinity. Basically you chose one of Solo, Duo or Team and had a slight edge in that particular dynamic. I could see something similar as an Advantage (+2 in preferred team type) or possibly for free but with compensating penalties (+2 in preferred, but -1 in each other type, or -2 in one and neutral in the other).

Quote Originally Posted by grimmshade View Post
    If the book is full of that sort of thing, I'm all in. I'd also like to see deeper base options, with ideas for roles on the team. For instance, Martian Manhunter in the Watchtower guiding the team through a mission.
    I'd imagine base assists would basically work like Aid checks through comms, but it would be nice to see that formally laid out.
    My old Atomic Think Tank thread
    My current character thread: The Sound of my Eyebeams

I will build characters in HeroLab for you! Send me your finished design or even your original concept!

The cool thing about the Marvel Heroic team dice is that it continued to give the loner reasons to occasionally ignore the team, and gave the "buddies" on the team reason to pair off together. All with a simple mechanic.
    Yeah, it would be cool if they incorporated something like that.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by grimmshade View Post
    In a similar fashion, I would be interested in actions a character could take when piloting a vehicle as part of a group. Say the engineer vs comms vs sensors. In a situation with a mobile base or just a large group vehicle this could be fun. Also a vehicle gestalt I.E. Voltron would be a fun way to build a group, and some rules for that would be neat.

Heck yeah, that all sounds awesome.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by JDRook View Post
    One aspect of the Marvel Superhero RPG I liked for character definition was a teamwork affinity. Basically you chose one of Solo, Duo or Team and had a slight edge in that particular dynamic. I could see something similar as an Advantage (+2 in preferred team type) or possibly for free but with compensating penalties (+2 in preferred, but -1 in each other type, or -2 in one and neutral in the other).
    You mean like Favored Environment? That would be a cool use of that advantage. Although you might split those options up a little: One-on-One, One-Vs-Many, Partnered with X, Teamed up (Where X is a sidekick or other PC perhaps)