Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Superteam Handbook!

Re: Superteam Handbook!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuzritter View Post
    Incidentally, I'm still holding out hope for a proper "Squadron Supreme" consisting of similar-to-yet legally distinct analogues to the iconic heros of some other existing Supers RPG (hell, I'll settle for "totally-not-the-META-4-iconics-because-we-can't-use-the-originals")
    While that would be somewhat amusing, I realllllly doubt that they had time or space to do something that's meta for the sake of being meta.
    Check out my new super hero/science fiction novel, Unbelievable: A Tale of the Exotica Chronicles.

OPA Belta

Incidentally, I'm still holding out hope for a proper "Squadron Supreme" consisting of similar-to-yet legally distinct analogues to the iconic heros of some other existing Supers RPG (hell, I'll settle for "totally-not-the-META-4-iconics-because-we-can't-use-the-originals")
    Hah, I remember you suggesting that idea when I was posting about my Rogues Gallery villains and was casting about for what bad guys might be appropriate for Eminence, my Dr. Spectrum/Black Beetle expie to recruit for a Squadron Supreme type team (the version which was in the Avengers Assemble! toon, not the comic book good guys).

All my best.

PS: The Psions seem to be pretty popular, as people keep requesting their 3rd edition appearance, since they didn't turn up in FC 3e or Rogues Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Davies View Post
    While that would be somewhat amusing, I realllllly doubt that they had time or space to do something that's meta for the sake of being meta.
    oh no, I mean the added in-joke besides whatever the group's in-universe hook is, like...

"Here's a superteam that while well-meaning, has a frustrating habit of getting duped, manipulated, mind-controlled, impersonated, or any other reason to wind up fighting The PCs more often than being straight up allies"

Quote Originally Posted by greycrusader View Post
    Hah, I remember you suggesting that idea when I was posting about my Rogues Gallery villains and was casting about for what bad guys might be appropriate for Eminence, my Dr. Spectrum/Black Beetle expie to recruit for a Squadron Supreme type team (the version which was in the Avengers Assemble! toon, not the comic book good guys).

All my best.

PS: The Psions seem to be pretty popular, as people keep requesting their 3rd edition appearance, since they didn't turn up in FC 3e or Rogues Gallery.
    they're a solid example of a dual-themed villain group, being a dysfunctional family and psychic-based powers

Check out the Super Powered Legends book from Rogue Genius Games. Almost everyone in there is an expy of a Marvel hero or team, with some gender swapping (or nation swapping... their Captain America is British).

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
    Check out the Super Powered Legends book from Rogue Genius Games. Almost everyone in there is an expy of a Marvel hero or team, with some gender swapping (or nation swapping... their Captain America is British).
    not what I mean in this instance, not when Freedom City already has its own share of reference characters. In the comics, the Squadron Sinister/Supreme started as fairly obvious knockoffs of the Justice League for the Avengers to go up against, much like how the Shi'ar Imperial Guard started as blatant expies of the Legion of Superheroes. DC's also done several iterations of the reverse over the years, but the only ones with any staying power have been the Extremists, who are thinly veiled versions of marvel villains

So, to get meta, for a superhero RPG setting like Freedom city, where you have a team that includes characters analogous to Green Arrow, Supergirl, Iron Man, Flash and Thor, direct rips don't quite work

but, if this new rival team happen to resemble the lineups of these three versions of the same group...

then you've got the RPG equivalent of a Squadron Supreme, where M&M would be poking fun at one of its existing rivals.

If you're worried about Cryptic Studios not taking it in good humor, then instead GR could use suspiciously familiar expies of the lineups to Icons or the 1st ed META-4 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeljack View Post
    Ah he's supposed to be Captain Britain and his wife Meggan and some of the other members of Excalibur. Captain Britain started as a sort of UK Captain America with mystical origins but under Chris Claremont the character became his own character and then Alan Davis created Excalibur.

Wheeljack is referring to the character Pendragon in SPL, whos backstory is "what if the super soldier serum was given to agent Peggy Carter?"

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
    This is not it but it briefly mentions it. http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...s-More!&page=2

As for Rogue's Gallery, looking in the pdf I do not recall seeing any mention of it. However, the last two pages, which are after the index, are blank. Perhaps these pages are ads in the print version?
    Yeah, it’s in the print version of Rogues Gallery, but as already shown, it’s in the PDF of Basic Hero’s Handbook.
    Last edited by Samson; 09-24-2018 at 10:29 PM.

OPA Belta

Anyone have an idea when this is coming out? Q4 2018? Q1 2019?
    DT Butchino | Writer, Designer, Illustrator | Sketchpad Studio
    Get VILLAINOUS with the Acts of Villainy Line for M&M3e.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchpad View Post
    Anyone have an idea when this is coming out? Q4 2018? Q1 2019?
    Iím curious as well.