Thread: Wonders of Thedas Episode 60: Of Mechanical Obscura

Wonders of Thedas Episode 60: Of Mechanical Obscura

Welcome to the Wonders of Thedas, your one-stop-shop for all your Dragon Age roleplaying game needs!

You can hear the episode above, or you can listen on iTunes, Google Play, and Soundcloud!

Look closely at this episode, as your understanding may save your life! In this episode we talk about the Trap-Making talent, and round out the crafting talent discussions! Traps can add danger to your PC's lives or add some depth to home defense and warfare for your PCs! Delve into the dangerous and convoluted game that is trap-making!

If you like what we do, please support us on Patreon! You can get more valuable votes on episode topics, or even get episode early! The more support we get the bigger show becomes, perhaps even becoming new shows with enough support

If you would like to submit a question or some custom content for the Dragon Age RPG, you can send it to us through our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Soundcloud, and WordPress blog accounts! You can email us at wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com or send a private message to Kot the Protector or Healerpuff on the Green Ronin forums, or Kot or Lisse on the d20 Radio forums!

Thanks for listening, Thedosians!
    If you like the Dragon Age RPG, please consider listening to my podcast: The Wonders of Thedas! We discuss classes, backgrounds, GMing techniques, specializations, play styles, and much more!
    You can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play, or Soundlcoud!

If you have a question about the Dragon Age RPG, have custom content you'd like to share with the world, or any other contribution, send a message to wondersofthedaspodcast@gmail.com, or through our Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Tumblr accounts!

Re: Wonders of Thedas Episode 60: Of Mechanical Obscura

Interesting to listen to, as ever. I wonder how many PCs actually take the trap-making talent? I do think the caltops option needs fleshing out, so I intend to come up with a draft that I'll run by you to discuss in a future podcast.

Pondering traps and poisons has got me thinking about grenades, actually, and brought me a question for your next podcast: Apart from receiving the ability to use them with the Journeyman level of the poison-making talent, there doesn't seem to be any upgrades to their use at the Master level. Whilst poisons go up at least a d6 in damage per talent level, and traps increase their lethality by 2d6, grenades appear to not benefit. In the DA: Inquisition computer game, grenades can be upgraded in various ways. How would you allow upgrades to grenades, and invent the monetary cost of doing so?

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Parsival; 09-17-2018 at 04:00 AM.