Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fall of Five Houses - M&M 3e Recruitment (CLOSED)

Re: The Fall of Five Houses - M&M 3e Recruitment (OPEN UNTIL 23 September!)

I've been looking to get back into M&M for a while now. I don't have time to come up with a character this instant but I'll see what I can think of in the next few days.
    It's Onion Bubs, not Onion Bulbs. Noel, Noel, my name has no l.
    I create characters and put them here when I can be bothered.

Currently playing:

I'm extremely interested!!

Let's see, I have an idea for an AI heroine—

Quote Originally Posted by endwaar View Post
    Hm... I'm always cautious about robotic heroes, because they have the whole host of issues with Stamina and Fortitude, etc. I'm cautiously willing to accept such a submission.
    Okay, my other idea is for a drider-like charact—

Quote Originally Posted by dreamking89 View Post
    I'm working on someone who is basically if Lisbeth Salander was also Spider-Man, but "Spider themed hero" is surprisingly hard to build at PL 9.
    (o`w´o) Dang it! I'll come up with something!

Eisenskarabäus "Iron Scarab"
    "Ignorant fools. You don't yet understand the trouble you're in."
    PL 9
    Name/Codename: Tarik / The Sphere of Reality / Eisenskarabäus "Iron Scarab"
    Height + Weight: 8 ft. / 900 lbs.
    Languages: Ancient Egyptian, Greek, German, English

Description:
    The Eisenskarabäus MK 1 Automat, translated into English as the 'Iron Scarab', was designed to be an intimidating force of German might on the battlefield. Thick steel plating cover it's huge, bulking arms which end into two fingers and a thumb for basic manipulation. Twin chambers upon it's forearms are interlaced with a complex spell matrix designed to create a virtually unlimited supply of constant ammunition. A large pair of guns attached to it's back act as it's heavy artillery, their spell latices forming balls of raw magic to punch through unarmored combatants with ease. Though it is also headless, there are some basic sensors built in which allow the mech to detect the world as if through human senses.

At it's very core however, where one might expect a bank of computers or even a pilot, is instead a solid sphere of polished jet from an Egyptian region. The sphere radiates magic, and though it can not move under it's own power, is the mind- and soul - of the Iron Scarab itself.
    -------------------------------------
    "...And with the completion of this ritual, I will finally have achieved my immortality?"

"Affirmative my Fuhrer. The completion of this ritual will grant the sacrificed life everlasting, at the mortal body's expense."

I never lied to him. The ritual would've indeed granted the warmonger the immortality he sought, though perhaps not in the form he wished. If it was done correctly. If I had actually revealed every step of the process, including the correct implantation of the Binding Stone. What a fool he was, trusting some dusty artifact his men picked up in an old tomb. Alexander had similar ambitions, though at least he was smart enough to not completely trust the priest who gifted me to him.

Instead of being reborn within a powerful metal body ready to retake his victory from the Allied powers on the front lines himself, I believed I was the one who achieved what he desired. A body to my very own, one that easily tore through his most loyal once they discovered my betrayal. I thought myself clever, having outwitted that supposedly great leader himself, tricking him into assisted suicide. Yet I collapsed.

He must've suspected something all along, though it was a pity he never followed through with his suspicions before that fool's desperation struck. The hydraulic systems weren't fully operational, there were key parts of the spell matrix that had been hastily and shoddily filled in, and the cables which were supposed to connect to my spherical body came loose within moments of my opening fire.

The Americans found me after that, weeks down the line after finally locating the hidden bunker. They even studied me for a time, or more, the body I had been installed within. None of them must've been clever enough however to fully understand, to comprehend the unholy melding of technology and magic the Germans had pulled off. Or perhaps they simply didn't want to involve the ones who could.

Into the silence I was to go once more, shunted away under heavy lock and key by those that couldn't trust what they couldn't understand. Smart of them, really. My last finder would've been a far happier man even without the knowledge I offered up to him, had I never been recovered from that prison of a pedestal. My loyalty had only ever been to my Pharaoh and the priests who created me, the ones I had willingly given my life and body to serve eternally as an avatar of magic itself so many years ago.

They should've hidden me away harder.

"Is this it?"

"It is indeed. The Iron Scarab. I've read the research notes they could recover a dozen times over, but to see it here in person..."

Those Atzerro fools. Messing with powers they knew hardly anything about. It was merely a simple matter to bide my time once again, allow them to completely finish my body the way it was meant to be. They never realized that I had been aware that entire time. Watching, listening, waiting. When my moment came, I made damn sure to let them know just how foolish they really were.

Complications
    Motivation: Humanity Lost(Responsibility): He had been human, once. Memories so distsnt and foggy now that they may as well have been a fleeting dream. Tarik has, in a sense, forgotten what it even meant to be truly alive. That desire, to recapture what it meant to feel compassion, to feel love, that innate human need to help others is what drives him forward.

Motivation: Recognition: Tarik had spent his entire life assisting people from the shadows, acting as their mere adviser while forced to stand back and watch. Now that he finally has a body of his own once more, he now desires to make sure people see and remember him for who he truly is.

Crystalline core: Sequestered within his metal body is the core of his being, an artifact that was recorded as the Sphere of Reality by the historians who knew of it. It shares much in common with the human brain, including being delicate and fragile when exposed. Removing this from the robot itself would also of course, cause it to shut down entirely and render him utterly defenseless.

Atzerro Property: The mysterious crime family was gifted Tarik and his metal body by governmental officials with the intent of understanding and replicating it in the future. Just because he woke up and slaughtered a dozen researchers on his way out doesn't mean the family is willing to let him walk free forever.

Overzied Mecha: The Iron Scarab was designed to be an intimidating weapon of war, with all the limitations that imposes. He can not at this time change the fact that he's an eight foot tall robot with fingers to thick to grasp small objects or interact with most modern technology.

Abrasive: Perhaps it's the fact that he had been used as a prop for thousands of years by people of all stripes, but he's been left with a rather harsh attitude towards people he barely knows.

Character Sheet

Abilities: 16-10+0+4+10+8+2+2= 32
    Strength 8(10) , Stamina - , Agility 0 , Dexterity 2
    Fighting 5 , Intellect 4 , Awareness 1 , Presence 1

Advantages 2
    Languages 2 (Greek, German, English)

Skills 4 (8)
    Expertise: Magic 10 (+14), Expertise: History 10 (+14), Stealth 0 (-1), Intimidation 5 (+7), CC: Unarmed 3(+8)

Powers 52+43=95
    Arcane Core 33+14+5= 52
    ..Inorganic: Immunity 33 (Fortitude, Aging, Critical Hits)
    ..Ancient Database: Enhanced Advantages 4 (Eidetic memory, Artificer, Ritualist, Skill Mastery(Expertise: Magic), Enhanced Skills 10 (Expertise: Magic 10, Expertise: History 10)
    ..Mystical Awareness: Senses 5 (Acute Accurate Ranged Detect Arcane)
    ..Ambient Restoration: Regeneration 1 (Normal rate)

The Height of German Arkantech: 4+1+18+20=43
    ..Behemoth: Permanent Growth 2(Strength +2, +2 Toughness, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -2 Stealth, -1 Parry, -1 Dodge)
    ..Verzauberte Rüstung: Enhanced Defenses 10 (Dodge 8, Parry 2), Protection 8 18
    ..Zauberkanone: Ranged Damage 8, Accurate 3; Alternate Effect 19+1
    ....Zauberkugeln: Ranged Multiattack Damage 5, Accurate 3 18/19

Offense
    Initiative: +0
    Unarmed: +8, Damage 10(DC 25)
    Zauberkanone: +8 ranged, Damage 8 (23)
    Zauberkugeln: +8 Ranged, Multiattack Damage 6 (21)

Defense 0+0+0+6=
    Dodge (+7), Parry (+6), Fortitude - (-), Toughness (+10), Will 6 (+7)

Power Points
    Abilities 32 + Powers 95 + Advantages 2 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 135/135

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Build notes:
    • Translations: Enchanted Armor, Magic Cannon, Magic Bullets.
    • Defenses aren't exactly up to full strength, though I was running a little low on points due to how much his powers are. I hope to fix that in the future if possible.
    • I was going to have him be growth 4, but I felt that was a bit too large. 8 feet is still really tall, but it's not extreme enough he can't duck under a doorway.
    • He's mostly a bruiser, though he has some long range weapons to add some versatility.
    • Mostly combat focused I now realized, though a couple of other skills for out of combat use.
    Last edited by Doctor Malsyn; 09-18-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    I'm a doctor of literature, clearly.

My art thread!

Okay, so I think I'll be going for a heroine who's kind of a cross between Jekyll & Hyde and the Lizard. ^w^

Wow, lots of good attention whilst I slept. Welcome all, and I like the ideas that have been tossed about.

UN Basic Recipient

I am certainly interested and will put in some thought on a character over the next couple of days. Maybe a Queen Arimea legacy (obviously without hydro-kinetics as not to step on other character's toes).

Question: the idea is that my character has to ingest a homemade serum in order to reliably transform into her monstrous, heroic form—am I allowed to just handle this as a complication, or do I need to buy equipment for this?

Hm, I'd say that a complication makes sense.

Just keep in mind that I intend for the heroes to be the best thing that happened to the city - this applies to everyone - so if her monstrous side causes some sort of amoral or other issues, it will disfavor her slightly. I'm really looking for paragons and the like, at the moment.

I apologize for not sharing that sooner, and hope that it doesn't trample on anyone's concepts too much.

MCRN Admiral

I should have my angel type character up in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by endwaar View Post
    Hm, I'd say that a complication makes sense.

Just keep in mind that I intend for the heroes to be the best thing that happened to the city - this applies to everyone - so if her monstrous side causes some sort of amoral or other issues, it will disfavor her slightly. I'm really looking for paragons and the like, at the moment.

I apologize for not sharing that sooner, and hope that it doesn't trample on anyone's concepts too much.
    Don't worry, she's pretty nice—she just looks a little scary is all.