Thread: Running the Quickstart Adventure

OPA Belta

Running the Quickstart Adventure

hello everyone

so this week we have a break from our main campaign so I am going to use this opportunity to run the quick start adventure

so my question to the group

Has anyone played this? and if so did you add anything to it?

thanks in advance
    Currently Playing:
    An Arl's Ransom - Xavier http://roninarmy.com/threads/282-Cha...ull=1#post8484

Currently Running:
    Betrayer of Asgard - Conan converted over to Dragon Age <link to be added later>

UN Basic Recipient

Re: Running the Quickstart Adventure

I had a GM try to run it as a PbP but for various reasons, it did not get finished. Which is too bad as I was really enjoying RPing Casey Khatri and watching her come to life.

I am planning to run it for one or more of my home groups and from there launch a campaign.

How did it run for you? Did you change or add anything?

UN Basic Recipient

One of the characters doesn’t work. She has a talent but not the required skill focus for it. Casey Khitri has grapple talent, but a focus in brawl.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleHairedGamer View Post
    One of the characters doesn’t work. She has a talent but not the required skill focus for it. Casey Khitri has grapple talent, but a focus in brawl.
    During character creation you can end up with talents without the prereqs due to background choices. Once character creation has finished you have to follow prereqs.

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Wombats View Post
    During character creation you can end up with talents without the prereqs due to background choices. Once character creation has finished you have to follow prereqs.
    On that note, do prerequisites only apply to acquiring talents, or do they apply to advancing them as well?

e.g.: If I gain the Agility talent at novice (req. Agility 2 and the Acrobatics focus) during character generation but lack the focus, dexterity score or both, can I improve the Talent, or is it "locked" until I gain the relevent focus and/or ability score?

UN Basic Recipient

I ran the QS a few months ago, during a gaming weekend with my group.

It ran pretty well, even for someone new to GRP and how they design and write adventures, thinking of their lead-clue-setup in particular.

The story is a good starting point for a group - whether using the pre-mades or making your own using the core rules. It is simple enough, with nice elements that any viewer or reader of the series would instantly recognise. It sets a nice tone.

I added nothing, just ran it straight as a written, was more than enough for my players to deal with - I did shorten the ending a bit, particularly because of actions on my players' part, and some ridiculous rolling and amount of stunt points produced on almost every roll.

I intend to tweak it for when I start a campaign.