Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Interest Check: A new Merged Universe game?

UN Basic Recipient

Re: Interest Check: A new Merged Universe game?

Would possibly be interested, depending on exact concept, genre, setting, etc.

I tend to like a bit of grit and grayscale, but I'd be fine with pretty much whatever. Shadow Mask already mentioned my only real dealbreaker (being a glorified military hit squad).

OPA Belta

I may be interested depending on the overall theme. I'm not really interested in horror or similar themes such as zombies, vampires, etc.

OPA Belta

I would flip the question and ask what kind of games do you like to run? The setting seems flexible enough for a variety of themes, so even if everyone wants to play in a four color game if you don't like gming that type it's moot.

You're asking us?

OPA Belta

I was addressing neo paladin blah. Downside of typing quickly on my phone.

Protomolecule Host

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya B View Post
    Give more information. Right now all I know about the game you're pitching is "massive crossover", which could mean literally anything. Pin down a genre, a theme, a "it'll be like Foo", something more precise than "it's everything".
    The fact that the setting doc is giant likely isn't helping either. I doubt most people are going to read all that just to see if they're interested in trying to maybe get into a PBP.

Thinking about the setting more, I'm worried about what a PC's role would be. There's so many movers and shakers that there should be a ridiculous quantity of things occurring at any point in time, and so many heroes and villains they should be tripping over each other.
    So how will the PCs stand out in this mayhem? What'll make us special instead of local superteam #19783? Why will the problems we handle need to be handled by us?
    Your concerns reflect my own. There's the "If everyone is special, no one is" aspect to it with such a saturation of supers and other characters through the world. If the heroes are a Bay Area team, it'd be hard to worry too much about major threats with a city-sized giant robot down the street ready to go into action.

It's hard to pick a character you'd want to use until you know the more specific genre for the game. If I wanted to play the mighty son of a Greek god, Gundam pilot or a Transformer and the game turns out to be a gritty tale of redemption on the rain-slick sleets of Neo-Noir City, things won't go well.

Perhaps a four-color team with a more specific goal or mission statement... traveling the world uncovering and securing dangerous artifacts the Merge brought along before the wrong people get ahold of them, for example.

OPA Belta

Phew...seems I went about this all wrong. Need to work on this...and shelf recruitment for now...