UN Basic Recipient

Question Omniscience

How I do?

UN Basic Recipient

Re: Omniscience

This is on the DM side by the way.

UN Basic Recipient

I know I could just fake it, but I'd like to do it by the rules if at all possible.

OPA Belta

Omniscience is a PL X trait. Like all PL X traits, there aren't particular rules aside from GM fiat.

UN Basic Recipient

Shhhheee... I hate fiat. It feels too much like cheating.

Protomolecule Host

Well-informed and a very high investigation skill? Maybe limited to gather information only.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by Emanymton View Post
    Well-informed and a very high investigation skill? Maybe limited to gather information only.
    That would either permit a PC to do the exact same thing or require a bonus so high it might as well be fiat

Protomolecule Host

Quote Originally Posted by Bad People View Post
    How I do?
    I think you need Senses with the Extended Extra (many, many times), the Rapid "feat" to process all that incoming information, Remote Sensing (with as high a rank as possible to give you as much range as possible), and Precognition. That will take up a lot of points.

Perhaps you could have some sort of triggering effect that automatically starts up your Remote Sensing when something interesting is happening. (You would need to buy a lot of triggers, and negotiate what triggers are allowed. Triggers depend on senses, which is why you need a lot of Extended Range on your Senses.)

You also need the Well-Informed advantage. That lets you make immediate Investigation checks. I believe the flavor of the advantage is someone calls you with info, but those "calling" you could be a series of invisible, intangible investigative minions with Communication Link to you (which cost points as well).

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    I think you need Senses with the Extended Extra (many, many times), the Rapid "feat" to process all that incoming information, Remote Sensing (with as high a rank as possible to give you as much range as possible), and Precognition. That will take up a lot of points.

Perhaps you could have some sort of triggering effect that automatically starts up your Remote Sensing when something interesting is happening. (You would need to buy a lot of triggers, and negotiate what triggers are allowed. Triggers depend on senses, which is why you need a lot of Extended Range on your Senses.)

You also need the Well-Informed advantage. That lets you make immediate Investigation checks. I believe the flavor of the advantage is someone calls you with info, but those "calling" you could be a series of invisible, intangible investigative minions with Communication Link to you (which cost points as well).
    I don't put point caps on NPC. And anyway it's a pretty low point character otherwise. That's part of the reason I wouldn't want to classify him as X.