Thread: PL6 limited Revenant Curse from DND 5e

UN Basic Recipient

PL6 limited Revenant Curse from DND 5e

tl;dr PL6 mimic the Revenant’s curse from DND

I have a player who’s built a hero who’s sort of like The Crow or a DND Revenant. He wants to be able to use a standard action to curse a target and make it easier to sense and track that target even if it runs away. We’d like it to be limited, maybe by time, or giving the target a recurring resistance check to shake the curse, but we also want it to potentially last long enough and reach far enough to be useful.

Can you help us build that power? And can you help me see the math you use, too?

Thanks?

Protomolecule Host

Re: PL6 limited Revenant Curse from DND 5e

Quote Originally Posted by Styrix View Post
    tl;dr PL6 mimic the Revenant’s curse from DND

I have a player who’s built a hero who’s sort of like The Crow or a DND Revenant. He wants to be able to use a standard action to curse a target and make it easier to sense and track that target even if it runs away. We’d like it to be limited, maybe by time, or giving the target a recurring resistance check to shake the curse, but we also want it to potentially last long enough and reach far enough to be useful.

Can you help us build that power? And can you help me see the math you use, too?

Thanks?
    Here's my idea. It's probably not going to be the best one in this thread.

Detect Nemesis, Ranged, Extended Range 3 (or more), Penetrates Concealment, Limited to a single target, Quirk: must have touched target, Quirk: effect wears off after a week.

It penetrates Concealment because I don't know if buildings or other line of effect blockers/cover protect the target, or hiding in a bunker, etc.

Or you could replace it with an unusual Affliction effect with a Disease-like track (that was a 2e concept) fought off with Awareness checks rather than Stamina checks...

UN Basic Recipient

Re: PL6 limited Revenant Curse from DND 5e

This is what o came up with.
    Curse: Costs 2, plus 1 per rank. It is a ranged “perception” effect vs mental resistance. If it succeeds, you know the exact direction of where they are (although you already did since you had perceived them to target) After that, you can “ping” them again, even if they are out of sight or perception, giving another resistance save, to again know the exact direction. So you can ping them over and over again, and in theory it lasts forever until they make their resistance. Once the target makes a save, the curse ends, and you need to perceive/see them again to initiate a new curse.

Only 1 target at a time. Range is by rank. Can get Extended range, like teleport, using a standard and a move action to ping at a great distance. If the target leaves your range, any ping automatically fails, ending the curse.