Thread: Heat Sink/Radiation Sponge

UN Basic Recipient

Question Heat Sink/Radiation Sponge

So if I wanted to create a power where you grab a hot or radioactive person or object and just sort of suck the heat/radiation out of it what would be the best way to go about building that? I know I want it to be grab-based but how do I build that? Nullify, weaken? (I've never really understood how weaken works)
    (3e)

Re: Heat Sink/Radiation Sponge

It would depend on what you want to get out of it.

If the character heals in this way, then you want Regeneration with the Source flaw.

As for sucking the heat out of a person, you could do that as Nullify fire effects (to counter actual fire-based supers) and/or a Weaken Stamina effect or possibly just Damage, resisted by Fortitude (to reflect simply killing someone through heat death).
    Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!

UN Basic Recipient

Well what I'm envisioning is this. There's a glowing hot, radioactive fuel rod in the room. The heat and radiation poses a danger to others. He can grab the rod, absorb the heat and radiation, and then metabolise it away withing seconds. It doesn't do anything for him, it's just about getting rid of the effect. He can do this to enemies and inanimate objects.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad People View Post
    Well what I'm envisioning is this. There's a glowing hot, radioactive fuel rod in the room. The heat and radiation poses a danger to others. He can grab the rod, absorb the heat and radiation, and then metabolise it away withing seconds. It doesn't do anything for him, it's just about getting rid of the effect. He can do this to enemies and inanimate objects.
    Nullify would do an "all or nothing" and is explicitly meant to counteract powers. Weaken might have more of a partial effect (and is limited in the number of "ranks" you can drain) and is generally used more to target stats. Either could work for your concept although they'd both require the GM to decide on a "rank" for the effect of the inanimate objects.

UN Basic Recipient

I'm the GM in this case.

Then its just a Nullify effect with a Weaken Alternate.
    Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart!