Thread: Location, Location and Unity

UN Basic Recipient

Question Location, Location and Unity

Hello all, I'm getting ready to run a M&M game for the first time in a long while (my old gaming group broke up due to graduations) and I thought I would start things off with "A more perfect Union" when it struck me: does the town of Unity have a set location?

Is it kind of like Raccoon City from the Resident Evil materials in that it can be put up near the Carolinas or can it be inserted into any state?

What do you all think?

UN Basic Recipient

Re: Location, Location and Unity

I feels like it has a small mid-west vibe to it but I'm scanning through right now and not seeing anything that specifically says where it is so I'd say put it wherever. It could fit in the Carolinas sure.

UN Basic Recipient

There's an old Methodist church there so it could very well be New England. Or somewhere towards the easterly section of the US. (Not that that's definitive or anything) But I think the entire point is to be "Any Town USA."

UN Basic Recipient

Yeah it says right there under "Getting Characters Involved,"

Some of the exact details of A More Perfect Union have been left deliberately vague so you can tailor the story to suit your own ideas, and perhaps your own plans for an ongoing Paragons series

The general assumption is Carol Molloy lives somewhere in
    North America, most likely the United States or Canada, but
    you should feel free to set this adventure (and the town of
    Unity) anywhere in the world you wish. The coordinating
    paranormal of the Unity could be in a hospital in Brussels,
    Hong Kong, New Delhi, Pretoria, Rio de Janeiro, or anywhere
    else you like. Likewise, the town itself might have a different
    name, or even be a borough, neighborhood, or a larger community.

MCRN Admiral

I've ran a couple variations of the adventure in different towns and environments. In one I took an existing town and mapped the various parts of Unity to it, then just used the Google map image of the town. The one constant was always it was fairly isolated and a pass through type town such as the typical town one would stop on a long drive through woods.