Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 442

Thread: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

  1. #431
    OPA Belta Doctor Malsyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Thunderdome, TX
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

    The Commander
    HP: 3 | LP:0
    Status: Normal




    Juto bares his teeth, slamming his drink onto the table. "One good idea dosn't mean you can make all the decisions yourself." Though his voice was harsh, it was undercut with a telepathic sensation of assurance. His anger was simplt him playing his part, as he tries to improve upon the idea further. "Tomorrow is for testing the others, but tonight, I want to see what Dreg's men are real capable of. Might as well get those other ones out of the way too, catch a bushel of aclet-oria with one net."

    Standing up from his seat, he looks to the Medina with his bloodlust in his eyes. "Whatever it is you have to do can wait, can't it? Wouldn't you rather see me put my best against your own? I want to see a battle that prooves your worth our respect, and no doubt you want the same of us."

    Deception: 12

    A reroll candidate if I've ever seen one. Take 2: 12 + 10 = 22. Jesus christ.
    Persuasion second: 14
    Right look, I think I'm gonna need some back up here. The dice are hating on me.
    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

    What do I do around here?

  2. #432
    MCRN Admiral kenseido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    8,025

    Re: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

    Treylin

    "I don't think they really want to see what our best has to offer," Treylin adds, trying to imitate the gruff sounding voice the blowhard in the bay made.


    OOC
    Persuasion: 1d20+6 18
    If that is an Aid roll, Kaora gets a +5.
    Otherwise, I get a =2 from juto for a 20.

  3. #433
    OPA Belta PauloDeWalshio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Posts
    2,451

    Re: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

    Kaora Steelgrave
    Condition: Normal
    HP: 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Malsyn View Post
    Standing up from his seat, he looks to the Medina with his bloodlust in his eyes. "Whatever it is you have to do can wait, can't it? Wouldn't you rather see me put my best against your own? I want to see a battle that prooves your worth our respect, and no doubt you want the same of us."
    Quote Originally Posted by kenseido View Post
    "I don't think they really want to see what our best has to offer," Treylin adds, trying to imitate the gruff sounding voice the blowhard in the bay made.
    "I'd have to agree," Kaora adds, putting on a disinterested tone, "Dreg's battle prowess is undeniable, but can the same be said for those who work under him? I'm not so sure. This is supposed to be the kind of alliance that makes the Terminus system quake with fear, but all I've seen so far makes this look like any old group of pirates, just with some delusons of grandeur. I think you need us a hell of a lot more than we need you, quite frankly."

    She leans back against the wall and shrugs, looking Medina up and down. "Or am I wrong? Because I'd really love for something here to be as great as we were promised."

    OOC: Persuasion Check: 1d20+8 23 and the +5 from Treylin's aid makes that a 28.

  4. #434
    MCRN Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,726

    Re: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

    Despite the obvious attempts to goad Medina and Trax into some rash action, they both keep the pleasant host demeanor and don't seem bothered in the slightest. "If you are in a hurry for a fight, I am sorry we cannot accommodate right now. It would be inhospitable to the others arriving in addition to the Osirians who are already here. While you may think Annihilist Dregs empire is a hostile one, all we wish is for peace in the Terminus free of war and strife. While we may need to fight at times, that is not our desire.", says Medina without skipping a beat of calmness.

    Trax is next to chime in after clearly thinking about it. As Medina spoke, he had his hand on his chin. Taking it off he looks at the group. "Our preparations will only take a few hours with the guards tending to the rest. If you would like, we could have some of them show you to your prepared quarters or back to your ship while you wait. After that, any number of you who choose to fight can meet the two of us at the battle area. I cannot speak for the Osirians, so you will need to ask them yourself.", replies Trax. Eerily, both seem completely un phased by it all.



    OOC
    For anyone who wants to roll an assessment check, I trust you will not pull this information as is into IC without a proper assessment check
    Trax has deception skill bonus of +10
    Attack Bonuses +11 and +10
    Defenses Dodge 14 Parry 14 Will 17 Fortitude 10 Toughness 14
    Medina has deception skill bonus of +6
    Attack Bonuses +16 and +12
    Defenses Dodge 12 Parry 12 Will 10 Fortitude 20 Toughness 18

  5. #435
    OPA Belta Wheeljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    294

    Re: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

    Kali Gunstar
    HP: 2 |
    Status: Standard
    Utility Magic: Morph 1 Usable by Others, Selective Area Burst 2 Subtle 1 10 CP.



    Quote Originally Posted by mrdent12 View Post
    Despite the obvious attempts to goad Medina and Trax into some rash action, they both keep the pleasant host demeanor and don't seem bothered in the slightest. "If you are in a hurry for a fight, I am sorry we cannot accommodate right now. It would be inhospitable to the others arriving in addition to the Osirians who are already here. While you may think Annihilist Dregs empire is a hostile one, all we wish is for peace in the Terminus free of war and strife. While we may need to fight at times, that is not our desire.", says Medina without skipping a beat of calmness.

    Trax is next to chime in after clearly thinking about it. As Medina spoke, he had his hand on his chin. Taking it off he looks at the group. "Our preparations will only take a few hours with the guards tending to the rest. If you would like, we could have some of them show you to your prepared quarters or back to your ship while you wait. After that, any number of you who choose to fight can meet the two of us at the battle area. I cannot speak for the Osirians, so you will need to ask them yourself.", replies Trax. Eerily, both seem completely un phased by it all.


    "They're welcome to watch. We'll make sure to invite them!" Kali says confidently.

  6. #436
    OPA Belta Doctor Malsyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Thunderdome, TX
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

    The Commander
    HP: 4 | LP:0
    Status: Normal




    His grin grows wider. "Let them witness our strength firsthand."
    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

    What do I do around here?

  7. #437
    MCRN Admiral kenseido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas
    Posts
    8,025

    Re: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

    Treylin

    "I should like to see these so-called quarters you have prepared for us."

    Treylin could care less about the quarters, but the more of the ship he is escorted through, the more of a mental map he can make. Also, running his sensors, he might get some ideas about where to search later on.

  8. #438
    OPA Belta
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    572

    Re: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

    Kieryn Onyxis
    2->3 :HP ο COND: Healthy
    Death :Blessing ο Stance: None
    Electric :Weapon ο Armor: Heat

    Kieryn nods confidently to the idea of a contest of strength and prowess in combat, sizing the two officers of Dreg's forces up. While she couldn't get a good read on them due to their more congenial behavior in greeting the group and talk of fighting to bring peace and unity to the Terminus, Kieryn figured they must be among Dreg's strongest at least, bringing the smile at the prospect of a possible challenge. She remains in her silent enforcer roll while silently going over strategy.

    Insight for Assessment: 1d20+10 15

    Drax: Deception vs Assessment`: 1d20+10 17
    Medina: Deception vs Assessment`: 1d20+6 24

    The dice aren't liking me too much, but I won't reroll. I figure Kieryn's distracted being influenced mentally and so a bit off her game mentally speaking. We'll see how that translates to combat later.
    Last edited by EpicEclipse; 03-15-2019 at 09:09 AM.

  9. #439
    MCRN Admiral
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,726

    Re: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

    Confident the group before them ha no more questions, Medina and Trax nod farewell and head out, but not before pressing one of the black pads at the table. There is no obvious sign of what it does, but soon after they leave the same four guards who escorted the group before arrive. "I hear there is a fight tonight of all things. This will be a treat. Normally, the battles happen when more are here, but you must be honored guests to enter the battle ring early against Medina and Trax no less.", says one of the guards. His voice is still accommodating and could easily be mistaken for a butler if not for the armor and weapon. "If you will follow us, we will lead you to your quarters for the duration of the meeting. Annihilist Dreg has spared no expense for his honored guests.", keeps chatting the guard as they walk. The path is more of the same, military ship style doors with black pads and no obvious indicators of what is inside. It is clear now they control the doors and various other ship functions though.

    Finally making it to the quarters area, unlike the rest of the ship, there is what looks like pillows, a fully stocked bar, large food sythesizer plus already prepared food from every region of the Terminus, and golden laced chairs. "This is the central refreshment area. If there is anything here you don't see, let us know and we will try to get it for you.", says the guard. In addition to the opulence though is more of the half spheres scattered around the area just like in the hallways making it obvious they are being watched by someone. Still, guard wasn't lying about how luxurious the place was. It is hammered home even more when the crew is shown to another circular room that has a large circular sitting area with more cushions. Along the wall is ten doors marked with numbers on top of them. "We weren't sure how many of you there were going to be, so we setup you up in one of the former officer lounge and quarters area. The decoration is courtesy of Annihilist Dreg.", says the guard.

    Inside each of the rooms is a large bed, desk area with a holographic display and black pad, and a food synthesizer. When each of the crew is shown to a room, its style shifts to something more of their liking keeping the same basic items as if the rooms could read the crews minds. "They don't like us telling honored guests, but each room is equipped with a comfort sensor to adapt the room for each occupants likings. The Osirians should be out in the central area soon, so if you wish to talk with them I am sure they would like it as well. Once Trax and Medina are finished, We will come fetch you into the battle area.", says the guard before departing with the others. Now, the crew is seemingly alone for now with the black orbs still scattered about.

  10. #440
    OPA Belta Doctor Malsyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Thunderdome, TX
    Posts
    2,366

    Re: [3e IC] Pirates of the Terminus: Meetup

    The Commander
    HP: 4 | LP:0
    Status: Normal




    Juto snorted aloud, taking a look around the rooms. "Trying a bit too hard to earn our favor, are we? Ha." A grin overtook him as he found himself a spot to sit down. "Damn if it isn't working. We have a fight to win though first, don't we? Who volunteers to test their mettle?" Overlaying his words is a psychic impression from Kali's spell, which gives away his true thoughts. 'All at once, or split up?' There would be no denying the had his own personal opinion on their plan of attack, but hearing out his crew first is what made for a good leader. As always, an angle could be proposed he just didn't consider.
    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

    What do I do around here?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •