Thread: Some PL and limitation questions

UN Basic Recipient

Some PL and limitation questions

Hi everyone, my apologies if this has been asked before - I did some searching but couldn't find any answers.

1. Can more than one Maneuver be used at a time? The answer "appears" to be yes, but I wanted to double check...
    2. Do Maneuvers allow you to exceed Power Level limits or do you still need to be within PL limits even with the adjustments from the Maneuver?
    3. Can you have more Ranks in the Impervious Modifier than Ranks in the "base" Defense that it modifies? E.g. Can you have Toughness 5 with Impervious 16?

Re: Some PL and limitation questions

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Hi everyone, my apologies if this has been asked before - I did some searching but couldn't find any answers.

1. Can more than one Maneuver be used at a time? The answer "appears" to be yes, but I wanted to double check...
    2. Do Maneuvers allow you to exceed Power Level limits or do you still need to be within PL limits even with the adjustments from the Maneuver?
    3. Can you have more Ranks in the Impervious Modifier than Ranks in the "base" Defense that it modifies? E.g. Can you have Toughness 5 with Impervious 16?
    • Rules as Written, yes, although our prior line developer disagreed. Ultimately, some GMs restrict it, particularly the popular AoA 5 / PA 5 attack.
    • Yes.
    • No, unless you have other suggestions of Toughness that add up to 16 (like, say, an 11 Stamina).

UN Basic Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
    • Yes.
    Is that "yes" to "can exceed the Power Limit?"

Is that "yes" to "can exceed the Power Limit?"
    Yes. The bonuses are either Circumstancial or they involve tradeoffs (albeit outside of the traditional ones).

OPA Belta

Can you have more Ranks in the Impervious Modifier than Ranks in the "base" Defense that it modifies? E.g. Can you have Toughness 5 with Impervious 16?
    To be clear, Impervious cannot exceed your RANKS in a defense. Toughness ranks usually equals Stamina Ranks + Protection Ranks (or defensive roll ranks). So it is not unusual to see a character with
    Stamina 8 in the abilities section
    and
    protection 5, impervious 13 in the powers section.