Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supergirl Queen Rhea, anyone Stats?

UN Basic Recipient

Supergirl Queen Rhea, anyone Stats?

Hello,
    i'am a big fan of Teri Hatcher. In Supergirl she played Queen Rhea. Give it officialor had anyone fan made stats for this game?

Re: Supergirl Queen Rhea, anyone Stats?

Not to my knowledge, but one thing about CW Daxamites is that they are not Kryptonian class in terms of abilities.

* They're powerhouses more than paragons.
    * Their weakness to lead is not as pronounced as in the comics - they required a more intense dose for it be fatal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

UN Basic Recipient

What is the difference with Powerhouses and Paragons?
    I'm a noob

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by mictator View Post
    What is the difference with Powerhouses and Paragons?
    I'm a noob
    Different character archetypes. A Powerhouse is someone like The Thing or The Hulk: Strong, tough, but that's their power. A Paragon is the Flying Brick with Extras, like Superman: They've got a bunch of things, the least of which are being very strong and tough.

UN Basic Recipient

Thanks. But no Character Values for DC Adventures.

OPA Belta

Queen Rhea would likely correspond to the Powerhouse archetype found in the Hero's Handbook, or possibly the Strong Warrior build instead. Use that to base the character around

The CW Supergirl isn't as powerful as her comic book counterpart, probably only PL 11 in DCA terms, which is why you likely only need to go up to PL 10 for Terri Hatcher's villainess; she seemed nearly as strong and durable as Kara, but more vicious in a fight, so consider advantages such as All-Out Attack, Chokehold, and Improved Trip-she almost had Supergirl a couple times with her skill at judo-type throws.

So I'd set her ST and ST a couple points lower than Kara's, but boost her FGT score to make up for that-she's more accurate in HtH combat but doesn't hit as hard. The TV Daxamites don't have flight (just super-leaping), heat vision, or the same level of super-speed as Kryptonians.

Queen Rhea has numerous advantages such as Attractive, Benefit: Daxamite Royalty, Benefit: Access to advanced technology, Leadership, and Feature: Radiates low-level Green Kryptonite radiation, which triggers Supergirl's complication, of course. Her skills would include Athletics, Deception (high skill roll), and Technology.

Does any of that help?

UN Basic Recipient

Thanks, very good.

Okay, but no Stats. I'm a little bit afraid too make this NPC and make it wrong.

You really can`t make an NPC wrong.

Well, if you`re the GM and its going too easily or two hard for the party, you can fudge rolls or adjust the stats on the fly.
    Also, as mentioned, stats are relative. If you are making a CWverse Supergirl for instance, she won`t be as powerful as the mainstream version. For that matter, if you`ve decided to do a PL 10 campaign, and I`ve a got a PL 13 Supergirl, your Rhea`s gonna get destroyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic One View Post
    Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
    Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
    Blade's Builds

The Merge Character Sheet Lists
    The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List

Five minute Hero Lab build based on the above:

Queen Rhea - PL 11

STR 10, STA 12, AGL 1, DEX 1, FGT 10, INT 2, AWE 1, PRE 4
    Powers: Leaping 5 (Leap 250 feet at 60 miles/hour), Speed 5 (Alternate; Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round), Radiates low level kryptonite radiation 1, Super-Stamina, Enhanced Ability 10 (+10 STA), Immunity 12 (Damage Effect: Pressure, Environmental Condition: Cold, Environmental Condition: Heat, Fatigue Effects), Impervious Defense 12, Super-Strength, Enhanced Ability 8 (+8 STR), Power-lifting 4 (+4 STR for lifting).
    Advantages: All-out Attack, Attractive, Benefit 2: Daxamite Royalty, Benefit 3: Access to Advanced Technology, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Leadership, Power Attack.
    Skills: Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+12), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise: Ruler 4 (+6), Insight 5 (+6), Intimidation 7 (+11), Perception 5 (+6), Ranged Combat: Throwing 7 (+8), Technology 6 (+8).
    Offense: Init +5, Grab +10 (DC Spec 20), Throw +8 (DC 25), Unarmed +12 (DC 25).
    Defense: Dodge 6, Parry 10, Fort 12, Tou 12, Will 8.
    Totals: Abilities 46 + Powers 71 + Advantages 14 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 164

Complications: Lead poisoning

UN Basic Recipient Freebooter Theron's Avatar

Here's the dark, deep secret of GMing M&M and DC Adventures:

For you, the stats aren't really that important. Like, if I'm doing someone like Rhea, I'll figure out what her attack bonus and defense ought to me, and what her damage save ought to look like. I'm going to base this off of the PL of her opposition and what sort of fight I'm trying to give them. I'll need to figure out what attacks she has and what they do, and if there's something particularly fitting in terms of a skill or talent or power or what have you THAT'S GOING TO SHOW UP DURING PLAY AND NEED A MECHANICAL EFFECT, I'll add it.

The rest is narrative details. I love me a well-done definitive write-up, but nine tenths of what I find online is overkill for my needs.