Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogues Gallery print arrived for me and disappointed at something

Rogues Gallery print arrived for me and disappointed at something

As the thread title states, I received Rogues Gallery in the mail today. But I'm disappointed that the errata the fans of Green Ronin complied in a thread, myself included, wasn't used. Points total for things I can understand being ignored, but not correcting the totals for skills, powers, and defenses is just wrong. I was happy to get the book in the mail today, not expecting it yet, then this ruined it.

OPA Belta

Re: Rogues Gallery print arrived for me and disappointed at something

Psistrike, I certainly understand you being disappointed, but I think its something GR just hasn't had time to correct as yet, or to post an official download of the errata for the book.

I'm not a staffer, just a freelancer, but they're generally pretty responsible as a company.

I do hope you've enjoyed the book otherwise.

All my best.

Baleful Eye of SaurMod Fildrigar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psistrike View Post
    As the thread title states, I received Rogues Gallery in the mail today. But I'm disappointed that the errata the fans of Green Ronin complied in a thread, myself included, wasn't used. Points total for things I can understand being ignored, but not correcting the totals for skills, powers, and defenses is just wrong. I was happy to get the book in the mail today, not expecting it yet, then this ruined it.
    I'm sorry that your errata was missed, Psistrike. That book was the last one done under our older set of procedures. Our new procedures should prove more robust, and make it harder for this type of thing to get missed.
    ALL HAIL THE SPAM-O-MATIC!

M&M Line Dev Freebooter Omega Girl's Avatar

I'm so sorry about the missing errata. I'd thought we added it, but in the chaos of the last few months I obviously let it slip through the cracks. The fan community has always been one of the best assets of Mutants & Masterminds and I'll try to be more careful in the future. We appreciate the extra labor fans put in to help make our products stand out.

We've started a more formal proofing process here at Green Ronin in the past few months, and hopefully that will keep problems like this from happening as often.

Thank you both for letting us know why this happened and that you are working to improve things so it won't happen again. It was just such a shock, never gotten a printed copy without the errata the fans found accounted for.

Protomolecule Host K.G. Carlson's Avatar

I'm a little confused. Is Rogues Gallery out? I feel like this was a pre-order from BEFORE the Basic Heroes Handbook, which arrived at my FLGS weeks ago. The posting for Rogues Gallery in the online store seems nebulous; "pre-order is closed, will ship close to when this is arriving in stores"

And this thread seems to indicate someone has a printed version in hand.

Clarification please? Thanks!
    Say goodbye to gravity
    Say goodbye to death
    Say hello to eternity
    And live for every breath
    -The Wicker Man, Iron Maiden

Quote Originally Posted by K.G. Carlson View Post
    I'm a little confused. Is Rogues Gallery out? I feel like this was a pre-order from BEFORE the Basic Heroes Handbook, which arrived at my FLGS weeks ago. The posting for Rogues Gallery in the online store seems nebulous; "pre-order is closed, will ship close to when this is arriving in stores"

And this thread seems to indicate someone has a printed version in hand.

Clarification please? Thanks!
    It's been out for a while now. The store listing does still say preorder closed, but it also has the button to add it to your cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Girl View Post
    I'm so sorry about the missing errata. I'd thought we added it, but in the chaos of the last few months I obviously let it slip through the cracks. The fan community has always been one of the best assets of Mutants & Masterminds and I'll try to be more careful in the future. We appreciate the extra labor fans put in to help make our products stand out.

We've started a more formal proofing process here at Green Ronin in the past few months, and hopefully that will keep problems like this from happening as often.
    I know this may fall under "This requires time we can't afford to spend", but is there any chance you could post official errata? I remember learning a few months back that you're replacing the prior Freeronin.com file server, so I guess it probably wouldn't go there, but it was nice in the prior editions to be able to look up the errata for my print or PDF copy. There are the threads, but those are informal "fan compilations" of the errors which aren't always right (I know I erred on a few Iron Age items back in 2E).

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBoots View Post
    I know this may fall under "This requires time we can't afford to spend", but is there any chance you could post official errata? I remember learning a few months back that you're replacing the prior Freeronin.com file server, so I guess it probably wouldn't go there, but it was nice in the prior editions to be able to look up the errata for my print or PDF copy. There are the threads, but those are informal "fan compilations" of the errors which aren't always right (I know I erred on a few Iron Age items back in 2E).
    We recently internally readdressed how we handle errata. We should be posting more errata docs soon, but it's going to take a while to get caught up.

Protomolecule Host K.G. Carlson's Avatar

A mix up must have happened somewhere, but talked to the manager at the FLGS and it should be in my box next week. Huzzah!

Thanks for giving me the 4-1-1
    Say goodbye to gravity
    Say goodbye to death
    Say hello to eternity
    And live for every breath
    -The Wicker Man, Iron Maiden