Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast

Thread: [3E OOC] Pirates of the Terminus

MCRN Admiral

Re: [3E OOC] Pirates of the Terminus[Recruiting 1]

A job posting could work, but I have something a bit more dramatic in mind that plays into the story.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by mrdent12 View Post
    I'll get Kieryn wrote in tommorow night. I need to noodle on how to bring her in. On reflection, the broad weaken and fear based regen arr something I'll be keeping an eye on, but are ok for now.
    Yeah, those two things are among her more potent offensive options, but I do just want to remind those two styles are also linked to a complication where she can lose control of herself as negative emotions take over.

I did consider putting Uncontrollable on the Weaken effect so I can't choose what attribute gets weakened if you'd like me to do that. It would be a bit more of a gamble to use, less able to directly weaken a key attribute to a foe like Stamina for tanks, or strength or fighting/dex. The power still has that potential of potency, but it has less precision impact on the battle.

I didn't figure the fear sourced regen would be a big issue. She needs to hit them with fear, either her attack effect or intimidation, and immunity to fear is 1pp. I thought about making it proportional to the number of people with fear around her, but that would be complicated to keep track of for the rate of healing. Alternatively, I could make it a seld only Healing power with the same source. That would reduce it's impact somewhat since it would require an action

Healing 10, Self Only, Source(Fear) - 5pp

So same cost, but takes an action to use, so less passively beneficial. I'd be fine with this as well if you think the regen might be too impactful.

As to how to bring her in... I mean, once she got ported over from that magical mishap, she'd be kinda lost, not sure what exactly to do, so she could be wandering, or have happened on somewhere that she could take on mercenary work (which is similar enough to an adventure guild's job post boards that she would be familiar with) and travel around that way. Or....she follows a Goddess of Fate. She could simply turn up because it's where fate needs her to be.

Just a few ideas

(I actually considered a "Trouble seeker" type power....teleport with a huge range, but uncontrollable, extended limited to extended only, basically, she shows up where she is needed regardless of distance or time. Opted sort of against it since it would alomst cerntainly never see use and if it did, would likely only serve to split her from the group which can be troublesome for a forum narritive.)

MCRN Admiral

For now, the powers are fine. It is a pl12 game after all. Depending on how it goes, I might ask for some tweaks.

As for the entrance, I am figuring how it can fit the current narrative to further it instead of forcing it in a way.

OPA Belta

Okie doke. Just as long as you know I am receptive to making adjustments to make the powers a little less if need be.

For Kieryn's introduction, two things come to mind. The Jolly Roger just destroyed/dispersed an entity full of evil energy. Kieryn might have felt that somehow and wanted to join up with the crew involved in such a feat in hopes of finding more evil entities to confront.

Kali is also present in the Terminus because of a portal mishap. The mystic scholars she studied with (Now on Ohm) might have referred Kieryn to her because of that commonality.

It suddenly occurred to me that you were may've been waiting on Juto there- For some reason I made the weird assumption that we'd make a jumpcut.
    I'm a doctor of literature, clearly.

My art thread!

MCRN Admiral

Nope, I am just busy at the moment and a bit tired. So, debating whether I want to hold off on the post until tomorrow

MCRN Admiral

And introduction done. There is no surprises, so feel free to rp all scans showing no danger as desired.

OPA Belta

Re: [3E OOC] Pirates of the Terminus

Just noticed, but apparently, Kieryn has some interesting eating habits, being "blessed by a diet of war and death." LOL

Just to clarify, the deity Kieryn is blessed by is of Fate and Balance. War and Death are just domains of said deity.

MCRN Admiral

Re: [3E OOC] Pirates of the Terminus

Yup that's when happens when posting tired.