Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: [3E OOC] Pirates of the Terminus

OPA Belta

Re: [3E OOC] Pirates of the Terminus

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Malsyn View Post
    Gonna admit, your assesment of the group made me laugh. Hmm... What would actually best describe our group and what it does?
    Freelancers? Not too large a leap to adventurers, which is a concept Kieryn is familiar with.

From Treylin's perspective Kieryn is just being plain stupid. She was in a lifepod sending out a distress signal. In Terminus, the highest probability is she would have died in there. If someone found her, few of them would bother to even interact. Of those that did, I suspect there was a 50/50 chance she would have been used for target practice. So antagonizing the few people who would pick her up by holding a threatening posture is foolish. Find out what they want first, let them underestimate you until you have more information, then act. Even really assholes can be "magnanimous" when they are helping the "less fortunate."

And I personally get there are a hundred places where Treylin is wrong about Kieryn in this situation - since she doesnt really understand the reality of the escape pod or the distress signal that "Charles" had to activate for her.

But Treylin most certainly isn't going into this thinking "Oh look, maybe we found a new crew member." Also, having someone new "show up" after what they just learned about Prof Zed is going to create some potential "fun."

MCRN Admiral

The crew also has a history with taking in people from other ships.

OPA Belta

Quote Originally Posted by kenseido View Post
    From Treylin's perspective Kieryn is just being plain stupid. She was in a lifepod sending out a distress signal. In Terminus, the highest probability is she would have died in there. If someone found her, few of them would bother to even interact. Of those that did, I suspect there was a 50/50 chance she would have been used for target practice. So antagonizing the few people who would pick her up by holding a threatening posture is foolish. Find out what they want first, let them underestimate you until you have more information, then act. Even really assholes can be "magnanimous" when they are helping the "less fortunate."

And I personally get there are a hundred places where Treylin is wrong about Kieryn in this situation - since she doesnt really understand the reality of the escape pod or the distress signal that "Charles" had to activate for her.

But Treylin most certainly isn't going into this thinking "Oh look, maybe we found a new crew member." Also, having someone new "show up" after what they just learned about Prof Zed is going to create some potential "fun."
    No worries. Nothing about Treylin's response has been uncalled for. She was being pragmatic when she said she was keeping her hand on her weapon so they could see where it was, but if Treylin sees her pragmatism as antagonistic and or brutish, that's his perception of it and he comes off being a little overprotective. Nothing wrong with that.

If she were being boastful and antagonistic, she'd have said something more like; "Fine, have it your way. I really don't need my hand on my weapon to draw it faster than you can react."

Instead she's just like "You've got weapons out, I've got a hand on mine. No-one is fighting, so let's talk."
    Last edited by EpicEclipse; 11-14-2018 at 09:46 PM.