Thread: Magic power

Magic power

My friend ask me if with magic, he can emulate teleport with the portal extra or if magic limits effects without an extra ?

Thanks
    God forgive...not me

UN Basic Recipient

Re: Magic power

It's ultimately up to you as the GM to decide. The rules allow it to go either way. For example, if a character has a spellbook, then he/she can access a wide array of spells that replicate powers as depicted by characters like Dr. Fate or Felix Faust that cast spells for banishment, force fields, magic blasts, binding, dazzle, teleportation, and so on without having to individually purchase each power. Conversely, the character could pay the extra for provide more depth and detail about powers and abilities.

My recommendation would be that the player pays the teleport as an extra to provide some overall game balance. For example, Miss Tikal has a Magic power at 7 and has three extras, Blast, Force Field, and Teleport. This costs 10 points overall (7 for Magic, one for each extra) which is more economical than paying 28 points for four separate powers and not giving her virtually infinite powers under the term, "Magic" for only 7 points.

Hope the information helps.
    Last edited by fdw3773; 07-05-2018 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.

Re: Magic power

Thank you
    God forgive...not me