Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ghost Town: First Frights (IC)

Re: Ghost Town: First Frights (IC)

This happens immediately after Neutron made his Toughness save (by 2 no less!). If its out of turn, let me know and i'll change it
    Neutron:
    HP: 3
    Condition: Normal

Neutron gritted his teeth as his force field had withstood against the wolfmen's strikes but only just barely. He could only maintain the field only for so long and he wasn't entirely sure if any of these beasts will get lucky and somehow break through the energized defenses around his body. One hit from those sharp claws could disembowel him. Neutron managed to steel himself as he tried to hold back the mob with random energy blasts fired here and there.

People were depending on him so he had to risk dropping his force field for a more effective method of protection: to finally shift his entire flesh and blood body into pure energy. An energy body which is completely immune to physical attacks no matter how savage or strong the opponent.

"IT'S TIME TO BE A HERO! WATCH THIS YOU FURBALLS!!!" he shouted as he had a bit of distance from his attackers as well as barely have enough time to become pure plasma:

Last edited by Shadow Mask; 08-16-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Protomolecule Host

Brimstone, the Devil Spawn
    Hero Points: 2>0.
    Condition: [Demon large & in charge] Bruisedx2 [-2 TOU], Fatigued, Staggered.

Even as he was mauled by tooth and claw, Gibson felt the presence that had attached itself to him years ago twist and writhe, slipping his bonds of will, rising to the surface. Normally, he would retreat, focus, and battle the demonic urges, but the skirmish surging around him prevented that. He laughed, he howled, he raged, as he felt himself pushed back into that inky blackness, subsumed by the otherworldly intelligence that the Yellow Sign had summoned to this world, his body a mere host for something vastly more powerful, more malevolent than anything he could imagine.

"Your heroic efforts were for naught," his voice was, wrong, otherworldly, hollow, ancient. "For I have escaped the prison you have wrought; these lupine terrors, these ne'er do wells; have released from prison Astaroth, a Duke of Hell!" With that, he drove forward from a single knee, his hand, wreathed in hellish green flame, plunging his forearm into the closest werewolf's slavering jaws, and then bringing his left fist down on it's neck forcing it's head back at a sickening angle. As it dropped slack, the demon ignored his own wounds and the black ichor now bubbling and boiling from the countless gashes across it's desiccated, charred flesh and leapt into the surging wave of foes, leaving a trail of carnage in his wake.

OOC: Yup, dice Hate me! Melee Attack vs Lupine Str 7; Aura 7 [DC 29 TOU vs Physical, Fire]: 1D20+6 =[4]+6=10 HP Re-roll. Melee Attack vs Lupine Str 7; Aura 7 [DC 29 TOU vs Physical, Fire] HP Re-roll: 1D20+6 =[20]+6=26. Talk about swing dice! CRIT! The target of my initial attack needs to make a DC 34 Physical, Fire TOU Check and I'll spend my 2nd HP, leaving me with zero for Heroic Inspiration, and gain Takedown Attack 1 for the duration of the round. Seeing as ten attacked me, I assume 10 are in melee range, I will Accurate attack for +4 Attack, -4 Effect, and Take 10 to attack the Minions. Giving me a 20 Attack Check, forcing a DC 25 Physical, Fire Toughness Check from each of them.

And yes, I love Etrigan!

OPA Belta

Gamemaster

The wave of jagged rock Morningstar unleashes catches almost half a dozen of the werewolves just as Miss Titan's punches knock a pair of cryptids off their feet. Then Brimstone bellows and strikes the first wolf.
    In the face of hell itself, the remaining handful of wolfen begin to scatter with panicked yelps, sprinting off back to the treeline as fast as their legs can carry them. The farmers likewise begin to flee from Brimstone, one managing to articulate a cry of "Satan!" as the others scream in wordless terror.

OOC:
    Wolfen save for half against Wave of Spears: 13, 9, 17, 21, 17, 13., one pass. TOU saves, only the one who saved for half passes
    Miss Titan hits two, they get 20 and 24, one drops.
    Brimstone drops ten
    The remaining five wolfen are running. If anyone feels like chasing, they're only Speed 3.
    The farmers are running. They're mundane people with Speed 0, so they're not even at the treeline yet.
    Combat has ended.

Neutron:
    HP: 3

Even in his plasma body, Neutron felt like throwing up once he saw the gory devastation caused by Brim during the aftermath of the battle. He didn't waste pity on these merciless feral creatures but neither did Neutron particularly enjoyed it. The surviving wolfmen had fled and there was little point in going after them.

It certainly did not help matters any that the civilians had reacted in total fear, especially toward Brimstone. It was completely understandable. After all, Neutron and the others had suddenly appeared out of a glowing portal only minutes before and given that Brim was acting as demonic in deed as well as looks, who can honestly blame these people for thinking they were invaded by a group of strangely dressed devils from the very pits of Hell itself.

Neutron wanted to change back to normal and to assure the people they meant no harm but there was one unpleasant thing to do first.

Neutron knew full well from bitter experience that Brimstone sometimes had...episodes like this before when he lost all self control and was acting like Tim Curry's Darkness character from that awful movie, Legend.

"Hey, Brim." he said carefully though in a reasonable tone and walked slowly toward Brimstone; all the while remaining in energy form. He really didn't want to fight his own teammate, not after barely surviving a previous battle but he did not know how long Brim will stay in this state until he regained control nor was Neutron willing to take the chance, not when innocent bystanders are at risk. "You're still in there, right buddy? The fight is over and you won. Just hit the reset switch inside your mind and please calm down."

Neutron stopped about a half dozen feet away from the Devil Spawn and called out to Miss Titan and Morningstar.

"Tee, 'Star! Brim isn't "himself" right now. Be prepared for anything if this gets ugly."

Miss Titan
    HP:1

As the wolfen and farmers flee back into the forest, the situation seems relatively calm. The key word being "relative", she thought.

Heather backs away slowly from Brimstone.

It had always been situations like this that had kept Miss Titan from totally trusting Brim. Of course, she'd never tell him that. He had told her about the struggle going on between himself and that "demon from the pit" as she called it. Still, there was always thoughts in the back of her mind. Thoughts that she kept suppressed the vast majority of the time. But she was human and sometimes she thought of the absolute worst scenarios. Please God, don't let him lose control at the wrong time...especially if...if there are children around.

"Brim?", she says meekly. "It's me...Heather."

She waits a moment to gauge Brimstone's reaction.

Shooting Morningstar and Neutron a sideways glance, she whispers, "I saw those things fly off to the east with the statue. I'd like to go after them now before they get too far. But Brim's in no condition to move right now."

Miss Titan pauses a moment and then let's out a sigh as she realizes that she'll just have to be patient and wait.